Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Owners please comment on innovation and 18" sport packages.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 05:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owners please comment on innovation and 18" sport packages.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

I placed on hold a car arriving at my dealers on Friday:
Prestige
Innovation
Cold Weather
18" Sport Package
Dakota grey/Black
I didn't want the innovation (only the driver's assistance) or the sport package, but the dearth of available inventory is surprising. I have not test driven a car with either.

Two questions:
1. Are the extra features in the innovation package (HUD, LED, Night Vision) actually useful? Do you use them often and how much of difference do they make on the driving experience?
2. With the sport package, how much road noise and bumps penetrate into the cabin? For example, is the sport package going to be too harsh to carry a baby?

I have until Friday to cancel my deal, and I'm considering the BMW 535i if I can't get a A6 configured the way I want it. I like the A6 more, but not so much more that I can ignore other considerations.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Can't speak to the innovation package, but I have the 19 inch sport package and I don't even find that one overly harsh. Firm yes but definitely not harsh. As long as you like a taut suspension, and not a luxo cruiser, i would imagine the 18 inch sport pack will make you happy. My wife HATED the suspension in my 2007 S6 (so did I). She thinks the C7 as I have it is lovely.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Non-sports package rides like a dream...

I have a premium plus without any sports package and can only say it's got a great ride. I was concerned that the handling would suffer without the sport package, but that's really not the case. I wish I could compare it to a sports package equipped A6, but I have not yet driven one. I have read some conflicting opinions about it, but I suspect that the car's overall demeanor (i.e., smooth, supple and quiet) will probably not be adversely affected by the 18 inch sport package. 19s or 20s may be a different story...
Old 08-29-2011, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by no1korean
Thanks in advance for your comments.

1. Are the extra features in the innovation package (HUD, LED, Night Vision) actually useful? Do you use them often and how much of difference do they make on the driving experience?
HUD is VERY nice and I really wish it was standard or available individually I think everyone should be able to have that option. It's really amazing how you never really have to look down at the dash and refocus to check your speed and navigation directions. Plus it's almost like virtual reality with the turns put right out in front of you almost overlaid on the surface of the road.

LED – I think these take the look of the car from the outside to a whole new level. Its angry and aggressive and people almost break there necks looking at the car at night. Functionally from the light output it to me seems the same as HID so this is purely a show for others.

Night Vision seems almost useless espessially in warmer climates. The image is nothing you could drive by and only detects pedestrians at temps below a threshold that I don't think it ever goes below for long here in Florida. If you lived in colder climates I would think the detail of the image would be greater as well. It is kinda trick that you can turn it on at night or in the day and see a thermal images of cars and tell how hot the engines are or there breaks etc. Not very useful unless you were a spy but kinda neat to see how hot the brakes are on an SUV for example or to tell which cars just got home or have been parked for a long time. If you drive somewhere with lots of pedestrians though it might pay off.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

can you share your experience with the cold package.
is it worth it? beside the steering wheel and the back seat is the front seat heated seat with the cold pk any different from those that come with the premium plus and prestige?

Thanks again for your help.[/QUOTE]