Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Passenger Mirror Tilt in Reverse

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Now that we have this nifty thing called the internet, I don't expect nor care if a sales rep knows more than me about the car - I do my own research before I walk in the door. I do this with most stuff I'm considering buying. With cars, when it comes to the sales side, all I care about is the deal, that the order was entered correctly and periodic updates from the rep. Where I build my long term relationships is on the service side. That's where it really counts.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Now that we have this nifty thing called the internet, I don't expect nor care if a sales rep knows more than me about the car - I do my own research before I walk in the door. I do this with most stuff I'm considering buying. With cars, when it comes to the sales side, all I care about is the deal, that the order was entered correctly and periodic updates from the rep. Where I build my long term relationships is on the service side. That's where it really counts.
Yeah I do the same, question is the sales person is supposed to know about what they are selling, to help the buyer understand and answer questions. You are gonna spend $50k or more, it merits some customer service.

Believe it or not, everyone is not like you and I, a lot of buyers don't do the research and walk into a luxury car dealership expecting them to know about the very expensive products they are selling. If all the sales person can do is go back and forth to the sales manager's office to give you pricing, they could be replaced with software. Which is already happening.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by El Gato
Yeah I do the same, question is the sales person is supposed to know about what they are selling, to help the buyer understand and answer questions. You are gonna spend $50k or more, it merits some customer service.

Believe it or not, everyone is not like you and I, a lot of buyers don't do the research and walk into a luxury car dealership expecting them to know about the very expensive products they are selling. If all the sales person can do is go back and forth to the sales manager's office to give you pricing, they could be replaced with software. Which is already happening.
I agree that one should expect a knowledgeable sales person when buying a luxury car and any car for that matter. Unfortunately, aside for a few that take the time and effort to learn everything about their products, the state of quality salespeople has been wanting for many years and even more so now with the advanced complexity of today's vehicles. The difference now is prospective buyers can easily get all the info they need with a few clicks on a computer or mobile device. They can even stop by here at AW.

Car salespeople have had a lousy rep for many years and someone with the resources to afford a $60K+ car should be educated enough to know this from experience. I'm of the school where one must take personal responsibility for everything they do. For those who don't wish to take the time to do due diligence of their own before making a large investment, there's the old saying, "let the buyer beware".
Old 09-15-2016, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I agree that one should expect a knowledgeable sales person when buying a luxury car and any car for that matter. Unfortunately, aside for a few that take the time and effort to learn everything about their products, the state of quality salespeople has been wanting for many years and even more so now with the advanced complexity of today's vehicles. The difference now is prospective buyers can easily get all the info they need with a few clicks on a computer or mobile device. They can even stop by here at AW.

Car salespeople have had a lousy rep for many years and someone with the resources to afford a $60K+ car should be educated enough to know this from experience. I'm of the school where one must take personal responsibility for everything they do. For those who don't wish to take the time to do due diligence of their own before making a large investment, there's the old saying, "let the buyer beware".
Yeah I agree but the fact I know sales people are generally lousy does not mean I think that is all okay. We accept low standards too easily these days. And it's not that complex. And you don't have to be highly educated either. I know lots of people who are not highly educated but who are smart as a whip.

Put me on the list of those that feel that many people in this country do not have the personal accountability that they should have. Personal accountability is on the downturn. Yes if I am spending $60k I am accountable for what I do with it. And I own that.

But a sales professional at this level of product should be accountable to do their job right. Not force the customer to have to learn what they already should know, or lie because they were too lazy to learn the answers. I won't say much more at the risk of delving into politics. But it's sad that in so many ways many in our society just take no accountability or pride in their profession or accountability for their own circumstances.

To the OP, sorry for the diversion. :-)
Old 09-15-2016, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I never wrote that it was ok, just that it is what it is. History has proven that it won't change and wishing that salespeople were better at their jobs won't make it so. One either accepts and deals with the general low level of competence or it's best to stay out of car showrooms.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by johnkfrazee@gmail.com
I tried that and after reviewing the manual there is an asterisk which indicates that I need the power fold mirrors. Sucks but oh well.
I don't have power fold mirrors, and my '11 A6 S-Line S-Tronic has the tilt reverse mirrors
Old 04-14-2020, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow learn something new everyday lol didnt realize u can program the tilt down feature, I just assumes it went down x amount! I'll have to do that to fine tune it
Old 06-26-2020, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Does anyone know if this memory/reverse/mirror tilt feature works in a manual transmission? I have been following the same sequence and it doesn't seem to work. Before I keep trying I wanted to know if anyone with a stick has gotten this to work?