Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

RSNAV vs Aliexpress for Android Auto

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RSNAV vs Aliexpress for Android Auto

I'm ready to buy one of these so I can have Google Maps and Waze on my MMI screen. I just can't figure out which is the best product for the money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I am starting to look as well, since the rsnav solution feels like it won't be out till who knows when. Just afraid of aliexpress and getting sent a box of rocks or some crap.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xanmato
I am starting to look as well, since the rsnav solution feels like it won't be out till who knows when. Just afraid of aliexpress and getting sent a box of rocks or some crap.
Most credit cards have protection for this. Just call them if that happens and they should just reverse the transaction.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that I will go with RSNAV. I found a thread with the owner or tech for RSNAV (Daniel Kim) and he is giving lots of support. The Aliexpress doesn't seem to have as much support although they say it works well. The RSNAV has software updates and seems to be in continual development.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ighlight=rsnav
Old 05-04-2019, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

hello i am trying to find out as much info as i can and was wondering if this system with the 9 inch screen is available to the public yet. i am interested in getting android auto and waze to come up on my mmi screen, does anyone have it installed yet in USA yet if so could you let me know how hard of an installation is it? i have a 2016 a6 and im not sure which mib system is in it but i know i have google maps already with the sim card and wifi. Any info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks everyone.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Maybe I missed something because I just started looking into the RsNav but it is available for C7 MMI+. Lots of happy customers and I will probably give it a try.

Is this thread about replacing the screen? Or is this new screen an all in one solution?
Old 05-05-2019, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Greencat
Maybe I missed something because I just started looking into the RsNav but it is available for C7 MMI+. Lots of happy customers and I will probably give it a try.

Is this thread about replacing the screen? Or is this new screen an all in one solution?
Re-reading the OP I am pretty sure now he wants the plug-in box that allows android auto from your phone to the original screen. The other solution which I and some others are waiting for is the new RSA-9 replacement screen which packs full android.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Re-reading the OP I am pretty sure now he wants the plug-in box that allows android auto from your phone to the original screen. The other solution which I and some others are waiting for is the new RSA-9 replacement screen which packs full android.
Could you explain the difference? Is it a replacement screen?
Old 05-05-2019, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

One is a box that provides a plug-in android auto or car play interface, which sends sends a video signal to your existing oem screen via your phone. It also means it requires a compatible phone to work.

The RSA-9 is a complete screen replacement unit, which has a board running a full android operating system embedded behind the screen. Not only will you have the full capabilities of android instead of the limited carplay/android auto, the screen itself is upgraded to a 9" unit, either running a 1024x600 or hopefully 1280x720 screen. https://rsnav.com/collections/frontp...-rs6-a7-s7-rs7
Old 05-06-2019, 01:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

One is a box that provides a plug-in android auto.

The RSA-9 is a complete screen replacement unit, which has a board running a full android operating system embedded behind the screen. Not only will you have the full capabilities of android instead of the limited carplay/android auto, the screen itself is upgraded to a 9" unit, either running a 1024x600 or hopefully 1280x720 screen. https://rsnav.com/collections/frontp...-rs6-a7-s7-rs7
Thanks

Quick Reply: RSNAV vs Aliexpress for Android Auto