Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

RSNAV vs Aliexpress for Android Auto

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the RSNAV smartphone interface, and am very happy with it (for Android Auto). It had a lot of bugs when i first installed, but a couple updates later everything is running smoothly. Daniel Kim offers good support and responds to emails quickly.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info saadcee
Old 05-12-2019, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aliexpress version here....works awesome. Gets a little finicky between wired audio vs bluetooth...bluetooth sounds better. Just toggle between aux and bluetooth once and All is well. So nice having waze and other car play apps on screen.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dc2002
Aliexpress version here....works awesome. Gets a little finicky between wired audio vs bluetooth...bluetooth sounds better. Just toggle between aux and bluetooth once and All is well. So nice having waze and other car play apps on screen.
Do you have a link for that?
Old 05-16-2019, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As far as I know, rsnav & aliexpress kits are the same. I got mine from AliExpress and rsnav released an update that worked for my unit too. I agree that the Bluetooth sound is much better. I have an iPhone but when I 1st got the kit I tried it on a couple android and it was unusable and when I messaged the seller he said it was mainly for apple and was still a beta for android. The update said it helped android capability but I haven’t tried it after the update.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wuplur
As far as I know, rsnav & aliexpress kits are the same. I got mine from AliExpress and rsnav released an update that worked for my unit too. I agree that the Bluetooth sound is much better. I have an iPhone but when I 1st got the kit I tried it on a couple android and it was unusable and when I messaged the seller he said it was mainly for apple and was still a beta for android. The update said it helped android capability but I haven’t tried it after the update.
Did you install yourself or use "professional installation"? If you did it yourself, how would you rank the difficulty?
Old 05-16-2019, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I installed it myself, but I have been an Audi tech for 14 years. Installation was pretty easy since it’s just plug and play. The only thing I struggled with was the harness is pretty long so I routed it in a pocket above the climate control and the 5F was a bit of a fight trying to manipulate it back in. Once it was all installed though I was having microphone issues that I believe were due to an issue with the module. Anytime I was in the CarPlay screen people weren’t able to hear me on the phone and Siri couldn’t either. I ended up shorting the microphone wires so they would bypass the module and that took care of the issue. I would think that issue would be a bit much for someone to deal with but I don’t think this is a common issue.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a Youtube Video of the installation by Daniel Kim of RS Nav.