Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Summary: C7 Audi Connect Carriers and Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a good info I was looking for sometime. I have been paying $20 per month for my A4, 2016 model (2015 manufactured ) which come with at&t sim. It is quite expensive because I don't use navigation a lot and no hot spot from MMI. I have just ordered a prepaid from usmobile, let's see how it goes, hope this works out.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For those without the Updated modem. I have a 2013 A6 Prestiage. I tried the freedom pop sim but wouldn't connect. I just received a US Mobile sim and it worked right off the bat. The US mobile is not free but you can get as low as 100megs a month for $2 plus $2 service fee. So I am going to see how much I acrually use it. I have already got the stuff for getting my iPhone on the monitor but still need to activate VIM. I like to use wake the best but I like to keep things streamlined if possible.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

For some reason I am getting connection error when I tried with US mobile. It shows 3G with signal bars but error pops up when tried to browse the online google destingstion. Anyone experience this? Any work aroud?
Old 09-13-2017, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chitaranjan Thoudam
For some reason I am getting connection error when I tried with US mobile. It shows 3G with signal bars but error pops up when tried to browse the online google destingstion. Anyone experience this? Any work aroud?
This is from another thread but give it a try:

you maiy have to change the APN setting in the tel>data connection settings to get it to work. You may be seeing the the sim communicating with the provider but are not connected to the internet.

US Mobile settings:
APN: pwg
User ID: blank space
PW: blank
Old 09-13-2017, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Chitaranjan Thoudam
The US Mobile connection stopped working for my MY2013 around the beginning of the year (except for Google Earth).. It might work for later models that have LTE - since some posting here do not have their model details in their sig, no way to be sure. (Or location in their avatar).

Last edited by snagitseven; 09-13-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Just connected today, used a pre-activated international freedom pop sim. Signal shows 3G, t-mobile network. The sim uses Fogg mobile APN. Had to enable roaming.

I wish it was Google maps instead of earth, but at least the online searching works, slowly, but it works.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm finally giving up on FreedomPop. I've had the basic free plan for months and it worked well, initially. The last month or so it gets constantly deactivated due to lack of activity. I've had it work in the morning only to find it inactive a few hours later. Their customer support sucks as they have not been able to do anything to remedy this. I'm going back to US Mobile. It may be $4 a month but at least it works!
Old 09-21-2017, 12:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tutone
I'm finally giving up on FreedomPop. I've had the basic free plan for months and it worked well, initially. The last month or so it gets constantly deactivated due to lack of activity. I've had it work in the morning only to find it inactive a few hours later. Their customer support sucks as they have not been able to do anything to remedy this. I'm going back to US Mobile. It may be $4 a month but at least it works!
Yeah I am expecting my freedom pop account to fail at some point, but I pretty much just wanted to see what the deal is with the online services.

Unfortunately I don't see much use being had out of it. It is just too slow to be useful, not to mention it nagging about data roaming every single time you use it.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Has anyone tried the new US Mobile 4G Super LTE card yet? Is it compatible?
Old 11-09-2017, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by tutone
Has anyone tried the new US Mobile 4G Super LTE card yet? Is it compatible?
The 2014 A6 does not support 4G LTE.

Quick Reply: Summary: C7 Audi Connect Carriers and Options