Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Summary: C7 Audi Connect Carriers and Options

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. I'm in northern NJ and seem to be getting stable 3G signal with US Mobile. Google Maps is able to constantly refresh at detailed street level. In my case, if I keep trying to connect to Audi Connect services, it will eventually work and then all functions seem to update relatively fast. Then a few minutes later Audi Connect will stop working. So my experience seems to be similar to pstonge with Audi Connect sporadically working and Google Earth working all the time.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

I noticed when I went to Boston last weekend that I picked up 3G for the first time. Lost it when I returned to Maine. Clearly the modem worked in 3G mode.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

has anyone tried metropcs? they are a t-mobile reseller...
Old 02-09-2019, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2018 A6 - freedom pop

hi - has anyone used freedom pop sim on 2018 A6 successfully ? i switched from the free trail ATT to feerdom pop, its show the signal bards(3g) and network status is good; however it is not getting any data. Also, i could not find APN setting under the connection settings;

any help would be appreciated;
Old 02-21-2019, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am reading through all/most the posts, and I am still confused.

One post mentioned that MY2016+ will use internal SIM for Audi Connect.

Does that mean if I want to use myAudi app to check the vehicle status (lock/unlock), I have to subscribe the $20/month plan?

I plan to use Apple CarPlay exclusively anyway, so Google Earth overlay, send destination to car, and etc. doesn't appeal to me at all.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Kao
I am reading through all/most the posts, and I am still confused.

One post mentioned that MY2016+ will use internal SIM for Audi Connect.

Does that mean if I want to use myAudi app to check the vehicle status (lock/unlock), I have to subscribe the $20/month plan?

I plan to use Apple CarPlay exclusively anyway, so Google Earth overlay, send destination to car, and etc. doesn't appeal to me at all.

Scott, if you have an internal SIM then I think you are stuck with purchasing one of the two "sanctioned" plans - ATT or TMobile. BTW, I have been using a US Mobile SIM in my MY2015 A7 and have found that only the Google Map is being updated. The card ends up costing me about $8/month, which isn't bad if that's all you desire. If you want to utilize lock/unlock, remote start, send destinations to the MMI, etc. then you must use one of the two sanctioned carriers. I may end up switching away from US Mobile to pick up those features. I hate the price differential, though.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My T-Mobile Digits SIM seems to be working with Audi Connect, I just can't seem to figure out how to get the Audi connect menu item back. All in all that's great because my TMobile Digits number is free and it shares data off of my unlimited main account.

I got in on Digits when it was still beta so it may be the reason why my digits number is basically free.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ajmilan
Scott, if you have an internal SIM then I think you are stuck with purchasing one of the two "sanctioned" plans - ATT or TMobile. BTW, I have been using a US Mobile SIM in my MY2015 A7 and have found that only the Google Map is being updated. The card ends up costing me about $8/month, which isn't bad if that's all you desire. If you want to utilize lock/unlock, remote start, send destinations to the MMI, etc. then you must use one of the two sanctioned carriers. I may end up switching away from US Mobile to pick up those features. I hate the price differential, though.
These things can do remote start? I use Android Auto 100% of the time so Audi Connect doesnt do much for me, but remote start? That's a big plus.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by saadcee
These things can do remote start? I use Android Auto 100% of the time so Audi Connect doesnt do much for me, but remote start? That's a big plus.
Yes, having the sanctioned (TMobile or AT&T) Audi Connect setup will provide you with remote start capabilities via the MyAudi app. MyAudi app cannot be set up with any other SIM card provider (US Mobile, etc.) from what I have experienced. That is why I am switching from US Mobile to either TMobile or AT&T next week.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You sure? I don't see remote start capability anywhere for MyAudi, and i think it says remote lock/unlock is only available in the 2019 A6:

https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/apps/faqs
"Owners of 2017+ Audi Q7, A4, allroad, 2018+ A5 & Q5, and 2019+ A6, A7, A8, Q8 vehicles with Audi connect® 1have features (such as Vehicle Status Report, Lock Unlock, and Car Finder) that can only be used by a myAudi account designated as the Key User."

Quick Reply: Summary: C7 Audi Connect Carriers and Options