Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Vag mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run XP Home via VMware Fusion on my MB Pro. Works like a charm.

Got the convenience windows feature working today. Once enabled you have to "turn it on" via the MMI. I remembered that from my Q5 and looked for it in the MMI once I had enabled the feature. Obviously didn't look close enough.

Thanks to orlandosk2 on AZ!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Regina_TTS/Q5
Ross Tech has nothing really updated yet for the C7 A6 or A7. I was able to use codes from the B8 A4 to do the gauge needle sweep, amber corner markers off, video in motion, front fog lights on with high beams and rear fog lights on with high beams. I was able to get the convenience window feature to close the windows with the lock button on the key, but there must be a new setting to get the windows to roll down with the unlock button.
Which codes did you use for windows. Up would be good for now. thanks
Old 08-11-2011, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joseaudi
Which codes did you use for windows. Up would be good for now. thanks
Under "46-Central Convenience" Byte 2 your screen should look something like this (without the labelling.) Sorry for the small image!

You need to check the boxes beside Bit 2 and Bit 3, enabling "Comfort Operation" via the remote control and Advanced Key.

Once you have done this and saved your new settings an extra menu item will show up in your car's MMI system vehicle settings. Press the CAR button and look under Car Systems>Vehicle Settings>Central locking. It defaults to all windows and sunroof "off" so you will need to change whichever windows you want to open to "on". Now a press and hold of the lock button on your key should roll all windows up and close the sunroof. A press and hold of the unlock button will open the windows and/or sunroof you have selected.

DISCLAIMER: Keep in mind that I am an amateur. By using any of the material described here you are assuming all responsibility for your own actions and their possible outcomes on your car.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

ok now im gettin excited.. i should be in my car by tonight
Old 08-12-2011, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

At the dealership
Old 08-12-2011, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Regina_TTS/Q5
Under "46-Central Convenience" Byte 2 your screen should look something like this (without the labelling.) Sorry for the small image!

You need to check the boxes beside Bit 2 and Bit 3, enabling "Comfort Operation" via the remote control and Advanced Key.

Once you have done this and saved your new settings an extra menu item will show up in your car's MMI system vehicle settings. Press the CAR button and look under Car Systems>Vehicle Settings>Central locking. It defaults to all windows and sunroof "off" so you will need to change whichever windows you want to open to "on". Now a press and hold of the lock button on your key should roll all windows up and close the sunroof. A press and hold of the unlock button will open the windows and/or sunroof you have selected.

DISCLAIMER: Keep in mind that I am an amateur. By using any of the material described here you are assuming all responsibility for your own actions and their possible outcomes on your car.

my car vcds doesn't have anything labeled... any ideas why
Old 08-12-2011, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

no coding information is available for this ecu...etc
is the message i get and it doesn't take any codes.. any ideas
Old 08-12-2011, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

wow ok im stupid.. nevermind.. i should read before what people write
Old 08-13-2011, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

tony, thank you for your info. I wish i would have read more carefully, but in my haste, i ignored the part about no labels lol. Anyway i was wondering if you adjusted the led light level when headlights are on, my was set to 25% and now are set to 100%.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

next mod I'm going to try and figure out is the rear fog lights on while i have my parking lights on

Quick Reply: Vag mods