Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

What's this clippy thing in my glove box?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 2005 A6 and completely forgot about the added sunroof opening until recently.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Perhaps I'm blind and/or dense, but I cannot find anything in my glove box that looks like an A/C controller, let alone an outlet. Did they delete this feature on the S6 and, if not, can someone please point it out to me?
There is one in my S6, not a controller, but the opening to let in the cool air.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Speaking of compartments and cool features, one thing I was hoping would stick around on the C7 that the C6 had, was the button to pop open the glove box. A little odd since you had to manually close it anyways, but it was very James Bond to hit a button and have it pop open.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by NVThs1
Speaking of compartments and cool features, one thing I was hoping would stick around on the C7 that the C6 had, was the button to pop open the glove box. A little odd since you had to manually close it anyways, but it was very James Bond to hit a button and have it pop open.
+1

I miss that too, less of a stretch from the driver's seat as well, so it did have functionality too.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default center console

Does it drive anyone else crazy the the console does not close flush. The rubber feet don't even touch the bottom. I've removed everything in the bottom storage area thinking I had something too high, but it's not. The rubber feet made me think that it was not working right.

I think about this issue at least once a week...
Old 06-06-2013, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st Time Audi
Does it drive anyone else crazy the the console does not close flush. The rubber feet don't even touch the bottom. I've removed everything in the bottom storage area thinking I had something too high, but it's not. The rubber feet made me think that it was not working right.

I tried to think about this but I have too many other things to think about so there's no room left in my head for me to think about this too. Not even once a month. Sorry you have to think about it once a week. That's a lot of thinking to do about the console methinks.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

I am not sure what you mean by console. Is it the armrest you are referring to? I always keep my armrest up near its highest position, so I haven't noticed how it fits when lowered.
To be honest, I never thought of the armrest as a part of the center console and certainly not as something that closes over the storage area. To me it is just an adjustable armrest that is positioned over the rear of the center console with an open storage cubby under it.
I do find the top lid on the armrest to be very cheap for a vehicle in this price range - the latch only grasps intermittently unless you are the type that slams things, which I am not. The gentler touch does not work. The padded covering is so not-leather it cheapens the entire interior feel. Anyway, I will look for rubber feet to see what you are talking about.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Although I am aware it does not close flush, it does not bother me. I adjust it where I like it, and it allows me to access the phone charger and my I-pod without lifting. I agree with Irenesbob that the material is a bit cheap. I found it extremely cheap in my c5 and it is OK in this one.

What I miss and I don't know if older Audi's ever had this was a sliding arm rest. My Acura had an armrest that would slide forward which felt good on the arm when I would shift. However with paddles now, I don't miss it too much.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by NVThs1
What I miss and I don't know if older Audi's ever had this was a sliding arm rest. My Acura had an armrest that would slide forward which felt good on the arm when I would shift. However with paddles now, I don't miss it too much.
I believe my '09 A4 had the sliding armrest (albeit a much smaller one than the A6) so perhaps they still do on B8s. The only thing was it sometimes made squeaking noises as if I had a mouse in the console. I missed not having it on my A6 for about 5 seconds. Or maybe it was 10 seconds. I can't remember.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone noticed that the sun visors, when rotated to the side winows, will slide rearward? Was driving from Seattle Saturday evening and was being blinded by the sunlight over my left shoulder reflecting off the inside of my glasses. I thought to myself that it would make sense if they could slide back and gave it a little tug, and back it went.

Quick Reply: What's this clippy thing in my glove box?