A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

2018 Audi 3.0T Sport Brakes

 
Old 03-13-2019, 04:02 PM
  #1  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Issaquah WA
Posts: 4
Default 2018 Audi 3.0T Sport Brakes

[color=left=#222222]Can anyone please help and tell me if they know what size disc brakes are on my [/color]=left
[color=left=#222222]2018 Audi 3.0T Sport?[/color]=left
[color=left=#222222]the reason I ask is I hate the disc brakes and would like to put on upgrade the brakes for better stopping power[/color]

[color=left=#222222].[/color]=left
[color=left=#222222]Thanks [/color]
DrewA6sport is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 04:32 PM
  #2  
AudiWorld Super User
 
raj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,763
Default

Originally Posted by DrewA6sport View Post
Can anyone please help and tell me if they know what size disc brakes are on my =left
2018 Audi 3.0T Sport?=left
the reason I ask is I hate the disc brakes and would like to put on upgrade the brakes for better stopping power
Welcome to the forum Drew. Changing your dsic brkes to something else (i.e. slotted) will only help slightly and even changing your pads to ceramic will provide ever so slightly better braking. The only way to trully increase your braking capability, in daily driving, would be to upgrade the calipers themselves to something like a 4 or 6 piston setup. However, this is not a cheap upgrade and quite honestly, if your not tracking your car, it's generally overkill for 99% of the time. FWIW, BBK (big brake kits) can run in the several thousand dollars.

What exactly are you doing with your vehicle that you require "upgraded brakes" and what would you consider better stopping power?
raj99 is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 09:18 PM
  #3  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Issaquah WA
Posts: 4
Default

Originally Posted by raj99 View Post
Welcome to the forum Drew. Changing your dsic brkes to something else (i.e. slotted) will only help slightly and even changing your pads to ceramic will provide ever so slightly better braking. The only way to trully increase your braking capability, in daily driving, would be to upgrade the calipers my themselves to something like a 4 or 6 piston setup. However, this is not a cheap upgrade and quite honestly, if your not tracking your car, it's generally overkill for 99% of the time. FWIW, BBK (big brake kits) can run in the several thousand dollars.

What exactly are you doing with your vehicle that you require "upgraded brakes" and what would you consider better stopping power?
Well, to be quite honest I got rid of the Audi TT I owed for the A6 and I enjoy the stopping performance of the Brembo braking power. Maybe I'M just being spoiled and just live the disc brakes on the A6, they just don't give me the response that was used to. No I'm not tracking the A6 but for 340hp I would have thought Audi would have given the car much better braking power for the A6 3.0T Sport model that I have.

DrewA6sport is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 04:13 AM
  #4  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 977
Default

Originally Posted by DrewA6sport View Post
Well, to be quite honest I got rid of the Audi TT I owed for the A6 and I enjoy the stopping performance of the Brembo braking power. Maybe I'M just being spoiled and just live the disc brakes on the A6, they just don't give me the response that was used to. No I'm not tracking the A6 but for 340hp I would have thought Audi would have given the car much better braking power for the A6 3.0T Sport model that I have.
Looks to me like your car is a C7 A6 rather than the new C8. If I am right you may get a better response from the C7 forum
John Simcox is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
ILAudiQ5
Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion
36
09-03-2018 04:28 PM
Mike Lauretti
Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion
13
04-11-2018 08:55 AM
Gizmo607
Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion
21
12-28-2017 10:43 AM
pfbz
Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion
4
03-03-2017 02:14 PM
S4orce2001
S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
25
12-06-2004 01:14 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 Audi 3.0T Sport Brakes


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: