A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

98 AHA A6 with 3 wire MAF problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 01:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's an update to anyone who is following. I put everything back together and took the vehicle out for a drive. Two fault codes stayed confirmed as I did not want to clear them just yet (ideally I would want them to heal for confirming the fix).

P1141 and P1129. That is for the load calculation error and the Bank 2 too rich, respectively. The P1127 (Bank 1 too rich) was in pending but did not present itself.

In terms of driveability, the transmission was shifting great as oppose to from before. When the problem first presented itself, the vehicle did not like shifting at all, ergo, gears would hang onto high RPMs--even on light loads, refusing to upshift.

My only conclusion is that I disturbed something enough that whichever connection now connected better thus, problems appear to go away. Attached is just a screen shot of data OTR at idle in neutral.

To answer any questions with empirical data concerning O2, they all seem to be switching fine with a low of roughly 0 volts and high of around .8 volts. Average voltages on the O2 seem to all hover around .45 volts which seems great in terms of achieving stoich on average.

To cross check the MAF readings, the values at idle seem realistic for a 2.8L engine breathing with no excessive load. Attached you should see the excel interpolation I did just to reference and give sort of a good "gut-check" for values.

At this point I will continue to monitor for any problems and determine if the CEL will eventually go out. I'm not really sure what conclusions I can draw, other than messing with the beige/brown connector in the plenum that has the fused 12v supply to the MAF; S231.