A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Can someone look up a radio code for me?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 07:55 AM
SWW
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone look up a radio code for me?

A couple months ago I had to replace my brake master cylinder and reservoir in my 2004 A6 Quattro.
I had taken the battery out to give me more room to work and didn't realize my radio was going to go to Safe Mode due to having it out for a couple days while I was doing some other maintenance items to the car.
When I bought it years ago, it didn't come with the owners manual or have the radio code written down anywhere. I've been driving it for a month or more without tunes and finally took the time to pull the radio to get the numbers of the Symphony ll unit. The closest Audi dealer is 90 miles away and I don't have plans to go that way anytime soon.
Does anyone on here have the ability to look up the Radio Code for me using my VIN and Radio #'s?? I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 02-04-2019, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 162 Posts

https://www.radio-code.com/
Old 02-04-2019, 05:20 AM
SWW
Audiworld Junior Member

Not only do they want $175 to look up the code, but they insist the radio serial number must start with AUZ. And it does not. Guess I'll have to wait to get down to the dealership and see if they can find it...
Old 02-11-2019, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The following is not my post, but I used the detail to solve my radio SAFE problem over two years ago. Hope it helps!

If you have the serial number off the radio then call Audi’s customer assistance to speak with a Audi Customer CARE Advocate. Call 1-800-822-2834 (AUDI), Mon-Fri, 8 am to 8 pm, Eastern Time. If you tell them your Vehicle ID number and the radio serial number they will ask you some questions to verify the vehicle is registered to you and then they should provide you with the code for FREE. This typically takes a couple of days.
http://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi...e-mode-142884/

Audi Symphony Radio

Radio is on and appears in “SAFE” mode

Simultaneously press the P.SCAN and RBDS buttons, holding them down, until “1000” lights up. Release the buttons. (If you continue to hold the button down or press the buttons again this will make the radio think your radio code is 1000, so don’t do that)

Use the station buttons 1 through 4 to input the radio code. Press button one repeatedly until you arrive to the correct number (once would be one, twice would be two and so on.)

Once you have entered the correct code in the display press the P.SCAN and RBDS simultaneously again, holding down until SAFE is displayed.

The radio should now be working, but we can’t guarantee the commercials will be any better.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:04 PM
SWW
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jorg0370
The following is not my post, but I used the detail to solve my radio SAFE problem over two years ago. Hope it helps!

If you have the serial number off the radio then call Audi’s customer assistance to speak with a Audi Customer CARE Advocate. Call 1-800-822-2834 (AUDI), Mon-Fri, 8 am to 8 pm, Eastern Time. If you tell them your Vehicle ID number and the radio serial number they will ask you some questions to verify the vehicle is registered to you and then they should provide you with the code for FREE. This typically takes a couple of days.
http://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi...e-mode-142884/

Audi Symphony Radio

Radio is on and appears in “SAFE” mode

Simultaneously press the P.SCAN and RBDS buttons, holding them down, until “1000” lights up. Release the buttons. (If you continue to hold the button down or press the buttons again this will make the radio think your radio code is 1000, so don’t do that)

Use the station buttons 1 through 4 to input the radio code. Press button one repeatedly until you arrive to the correct number (once would be one, twice would be two and so on.)

Once you have entered the correct code in the display press the P.SCAN and RBDS simultaneously again, holding down until SAFE is displayed.

The radio should now be working, but we can’t guarantee the commercials will be any better.
Thanks! I'll try calling them tomorrow and see if they can give it to me.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Good luck. I just noticed my post said the response takes a couple days. When I called they gave me the code after a long wait on the same call.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

If calling Audi does not work consider buying a new unit off the internet. I have seen these stock Bose units surprisingly cheap.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:08 PM
SWW
Audiworld Junior Member

Finally had the time to call Audi USA today. They explained that the AUZ number they needed was engraved in the metal of the radio, not the tag which says Serial No! So, I pulled the radio again and found that number. She called me back in a couple hours from Audi USA, I gave her the #, was put on hold for maybe 3 minutes tops and she gave me the radio code. Entered it in and I finally have sound again!!
Old 02-21-2019, 01:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great .
Fast and free