A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Devil Eyes an a C5 A6- Hmm, don't look too bad-

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Woa, you are missing a treat! The Ford Galaxy and SEAT Alhambra were all built.....

on the same production line and around the same bodyshell.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beating you up??? no no... just have some fun with ya..jeezum crow kris...

It seems you did take the bait.... I find humor in some of your views, as if anyone post something in disagreement with you, well... let the games begin (release the hounds for our uk mates..)

its all in good fun, and your after market rims(none "euro bits") are also considered a retrofit(by my definition).... sorry mate...

point being---everyone has their own view of what is "fine" to personlize their cars...your comment, although you put a disclaimer in it, implied the US Americans(why did you cap US, i trust their there are no nasty untones here) do not like retrofitted cars, well that is a pretty broad statement considering the after markets for auto accessories here in the US...

but it just you opinion...as you noted...
Old 10-31-2008, 05:28 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Default You need to get out more my friend. My comment was a play on a famous event....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww">watch it</a>.

That's all. And it was largely in response to the rest of the replies in this post. Your stance is a stretch.. Aftermarket wheels, a retrofit????

I give up.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:36 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Default So explaining my postion is 'hooking on' now?

why the hell do I deal with this **** every day...

Based on your own post in this thread, your reasoning for the LEDs to be 'ridiculous' contradicts why my city lights are 'retrofits'.

Would adding a trailer hitch to my car be a 'retrofit'? Floor mats? Ski Rack? Things that existed, but were not fitted to the car at assembly?

Personally, I do not think so. But it really doesn't matter.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Merriam-Websters....caution Kris... multiple meanings inside

Main Entry: ret·ro·fit
Pronunciation: \?re-tr?-?fit, ?re-tr?-?fit\
Function: transitive verb
Date: 1953
1 : to furnish (as a computer, airplane, or building) with new or modified parts or equipment not available or considered necessary at the time of manufacture
2 : to install (new or modified parts or equipment) in something previously manufactured or constructed
3 : to adapt to a new purpose or need : modify &lt;retrofit the story for a new audience&gt;
-- ret·ro·fit \?re-tr?-?fit\ noun
Old 11-01-2008, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default There is no 'reasoning' behind the opinion the LED lights look ridiculous on a C5 A6....

it is purely my option.

PS - I think the addition of your 'city' lights is probably worthwhile and I might have done the same mod if I did not have them already. I do see your point that as they were never fitted in the US as opposed to being fitted to some later models, means they are simply a mod to suit your personal taste, pulled from a similar car which did have them from new.....whatever, does it really matter? I guess not, there are a few more important issues to waste brain power on right now!