A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Do you remember?--->

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2001, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Do you remember?--->

the time when you first settled in behind the wheel of your A6? Was I the only person who thought that this was the most perfect automobile in the world? Everything about this car felt perfect to me. I opened all 4 windows and the roof, and listened to some classical music on the way home from the dealer.
I was in complete love with this car, and that was 11.5 months and 22,000 miles ago.
I remember that on my test drive, I was positioning myself far to the left in the driving lanes. I was unsure of the width of this car. It seemed narrow, but for some reason, it had a very wide track, and I would end up running over the drainage grates on bridges all the time.
I remember the first time I dipped into the loud pedal on my own car. When the boost hit (at about 3k, damn those factory combi valves) I was pinned to the seat, and my fiance` literally shrieked, and begged me to slow down.
There was no better feeling in the world then, myself and the 2 ladies who loved me driving down the road listening to some classical tunes (my fiance` and the car are the two ladies I'm speaking about)
Now a year later, I still anxiously get up early every Sat, am to give "Ms Q" her weekly washing. I wash each body panel carefully, looking for any new scratches, and removing any tar or bugs that are trying to catch a free ride somewhere.
I still love to drive this car, and I have opened a can of whoop *** on a many a "sports car". She and I are one, and for some reason, my fiance` doesn't even ask to drive it, even though she knows how to drive a stick..
Old 05-25-2001, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes, I remember...

every part except the boost at 3k. My wife has driven it only 7 of its 8900 miles, thinks it's too big and she can't see out the rear window, even though she knows how to drive an automatic
Glad to see someone else who is blowing through the warranty as fast as I (will hit 11k by 6 mos).
Old 05-25-2001, 07:51 AM
JP

Yep, I remember. Enjoy every minute in it. Thanks - I needed that.
Old 05-25-2001, 08:04 AM

Default What tires are those wheels wearing?

You should get yourself some 17 inchers.
Old 05-25-2001, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default just try to imagine it with some polished BBS RK 2 pc.s on it-->

once I close on this house, I'll be getting some wheels. I've gotta put the $$ in the right place.
Those are the stock Conti's with 22k on them. They really stink, but they wear like iron.
Old 05-25-2001, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Me, too....

The first time I saw the new A6 when it debuted in '98, I thought it was ground-breaking and gorgeous (still do). But it had no power, relative to what I wanted, so I didn't really think about getting one - until the 2.7T and 4.2 showed up! The first test drive, sans wife, was a revelation. As you said, "the perfect car"! Oh, it would have been nice to have a little tighter shock valving, but that niggle quickly faded into the red mist of the boost...;-) I told my wife when I got home that I had just driven our next car, and 3 months later, we got ours. We drove all the usual suspects, but none had the combination of features, nor was as fun to drive. Now, I can't wait to drive anywhere in the thing, even to the Chicago "Loop" during the evening rush hour on the other day. Any car that can make THAT trip down the Eisenhower enjoyable HAS to be something special! We're also ripping through the miles, but I don't care (9900 mi. in 6 months). I couldn't be happier with the car, and feel really lucky to own a car as nice as this. I'll be replacing our other car in the next 6-12 months, and as of today, I'm planning on another 2.7T (probably lightly used, if I can find a good one). Would that qualify me for bonus points in the "post" sweepstakes?? ;-) Enjoy!
Old 05-25-2001, 09:36 AM

Default Mine is do to arrive in mid June and it is sure nice--->

to hear from some happy owners. I never thought 12 weeks could be so long!!!
Old 05-25-2001, 09:46 AM

Default Thanks..I remember it well

Funny, my girlfirend has never driven it in 13K miles.
Old 05-25-2001, 10:34 AM

Default Anticipation of remembering...

Late June delivery on my 4.2. It makes for an excellent fantasy though. I expect reality to exceed fantasy...
Old 05-25-2001, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ditto that, but only 1300 miles/2months so far.

Quick Reply: Do you remember?--->