A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

drove the S-Line today....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drove the S-Line today....

Just went and test drove the A6 S-line today...I love it! Just need to decide which color...we are leaning towards the Dolphin with platinum interior...and of course the only one on the lot with sport seats was the dark blue car...not that I don't like it, it's just too close to our black avant...and we want something a little different. But the sports seats are not going to hold us up from buying... I hope to know for sure within the next 2 weeks if we are going through with it or not...will keep you posted...any other words or thoughts before we take the plunge?
Old 07-01-2004, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Advice? Yes. Always go w/ your first color choice...

So, it's good that you're not going to be discouraged because the Dolphin/Platinum S-Line doesn't have sports seats. Couldn't you have that added anyway as an option after the purchase?

No other advice to give except compare car loan rates w/ AFS (Audi Financial) if any special promotions vs. other bank loans and get the best APR. Good luck w/ the purchase. It's a great car!
Old 07-01-2004, 12:16 PM

Default At this time of year, 2 weeks will limit your selection.

Not suggesting that you make a decision like this until you're really ready, but given that production has already ceased, cars that are currently on dealer lots are the only ones available. The more time you wait, the less there'll be. Also, I would call several dealers to find out what they have in inventory. Knowledge is power.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you really like the sport seats, I'd have the dealer try to locate them.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:28 PM

Default Agreed - preferably ones that are attached to a car that you want.

These Sport Seats are arguably the best seats in the industry, and often underestimated in terms of how they will affect one's ownership experience. I would go so far as to suggest that if it were me, I'd sooner go with a less favorite color in order to get the seats. I am on A6 number 2 with sport seats. The fact that I paid $1500 for a "Luxury Package" in order to get them is evidence of how much I like them (the power sun visor is worthless to me).
Old 07-01-2004, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Have your dealer do a locate ASAP, since inventory is shrinking and will not renew.

Shipping if it comes from some distance, should be anywhere from $300 to 800, depending on distance.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:49 PM
Elder Member

Yup, they should be able to find the color you decide on and the sports seats!
Old 07-01-2004, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default WOW...you all got me worried now...i just off phone with them and they are doing a search...

damn, i'm glad i asked. *fingers crossed*
Old 07-01-2004, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Where are you located?

Maybe some of us here can help you find the car you're looking for.

Dolphin / Platinum is a great combo. If I'd have held out for an '04 instead of buying my '03 last summer, I'd have gone with that exact combo. I absolutely agree that it's preferrable to my Ming Blue (replaced by Night Blue for '04), whether or not one is coming off a black car.

As for Sport Seats, all I can say is that my first A6 (2000 2.8) didn't have them and my '03 4.2 does. The difference is significant. The Sport Seats feel much better to me - they're firmer and provide better lateral support. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat. Would their absence be a deal breaker? Dunno. If everything else about the car was perfect, probably not. (In a 4.2, no Sport Seats also means no Sport Suspension. At least that rule doesn't apply to 2.7Ts or S-Lines.) I think you owe it to yourself, though, to exhaust the possibilities of finding a car with them before settling for one without. Just my 2 cents worth.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default in Balto/DC area...i found the dolphin with sport, but...

it's in PA somewhere and it will cost like $300 to get it here...i may go with the Night Blue car now...my wife is leaning towards that color..and since we already have a grey car and a black car, may as well get something different. I tell ya, those sport seat cars are hard to come by....will keep you all posted. And thanks...I like the A6 side Audi World...seem a little more friendlier over in these parts - lol ;-)

Quick Reply: drove the S-Line today....