A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

In fact the Sports Susp. on the 2.7T is 20mm lower (more)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2000, 05:39 PM
Reto S

Default In fact the Sports Susp. on the 2.7T is 20mm lower (more)

Once again I sent an email to Auditalk, addressing the same person to ensure that I don't have to start all over with my question. Here we go:

My reply was:
>Are you 100% sure it is only 2mm lower than >stock, because this is not even
>noticeable? Please verify your info, thanks.

>With best regards,
>Reto S.

>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Auditalk" <Auditalk@vw.com>

> Dear Reto:
>
> Thank you for contacting Audi of America.
>
> The sport package you refer to includes springs and shock absorbers which
are about 30% stiffer--or harder--than standard ones. The suspension is
lower by 2mm.
>
> If you need more information on that suspension, please contact Audi
Client Relations at (800) 822-2834 and choose option #3. They are available
to discuss your concerns Monday through Friday from 9am to 7pm. EST.
>
> If we can help in any other way, please write again.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Marjorie
> AudiTalk

She send back today:
>So sorry; of course it should have been 20 mm. >Thanks for catching the typo.

This should clear all questions about the suspension.
Thanks
Reto S.
Old 02-21-2000, 06:59 PM
md

Default Re: In fact the Sports Susp. on the 2.7T is 20mm lower (more)

I asked my local dealer and he said, "The new PSK sports package includes electronic stability control and also the 17" wheels and tires. There are also supposed to be a higher rate spring on the car as well. The problem is that option has only been available as of April production, so we won"t see it until late May."

This seems well worth the extra $250! (PSK=$1000, PS=$750)
Old 02-21-2000, 07:38 PM
Nancy

Default Re: PSK Sport Package -- will it really include electronic stability control in April production?

After reading this, it made me wonder if this was a salesperson who didn't know specifics on the package, or a great deal on a sports package. April are you out there? You I would trust! I placed an order on Feb. 1st and if this is truly part of the sports package for April production, probably when my car wil be built anyway, I'll change my order and add the sports package to it, if it's not to late. I have a call in to Audi as well. Hoping to get an answer soon.
Thanks!
Old 02-21-2000, 07:49 PM
Reto S

Default You may ask your dealer again! That can't be true. (NT)

Old 02-21-2000, 09:36 PM
April

Default No present plans for ESP - especially packaged w/sport

The only comments I have picked up are: ESP should be orderable in Aug. as 2001 model for Nov. delivery. ESP and Sport will not be combined as a package. Reason is that the moment you touch the brakes in a corner, the ESP kickes in, even if "turned off". Not fun for the folks who like to hang the tail out in lurid four wheel drifts. You should be able ( at some time ;-) to get either option independently.

Thanks for the vote of confidence,
April
Old 02-22-2000, 05:56 AM
Nancy

Default Re: No present plans for ESP - especially packaged w/sport!!

Thanks for the info April. You are correct! I just got off the phone with AoA and yes the ESP will be offered as a separate option starting in 2001, August production. Not part of the sport package. And not until the 2001 models. Oh well, I 'm not waiting! I want my 2.7t this summer!
Old 02-22-2000, 03:44 PM
Brittney Spears

Anyone see or have a PHOTO of a 2.7T with PSK sport suspension/17 wheels? What about ride quality?
Old 02-22-2000, 06:46 PM
Frank C.

Default Re: Anyone see or have a PHOTO of a 2.7T with PSK sport suspension/17 wheels? What about ride quali

Brittney, you're scaring me. I thought from your other posts you weren't as vapid as you seem in your videos. NO 17" wheels on PSK, sorry to say. Just happy it's a real sport suspension.
Old 02-23-2000, 08:00 AM
Brittney Spears

Default Re: Anyone see or have a PHOTO of a 2.7T with PSK sport suspension/17 wheels? What about ride quali

I think ya gotta blame Brittney's marketeers for trying to make an innocent, 17 year old cute girl look like a hooker... but I digress... I'm assuming you've never drivin a 2.7T with the sport suspension since it's new. But what sort of ride quality are you expecting? No 17 inch wheels huh. That's too bad. But the 16 inchers should help make it a better ride.
Old 02-23-2000, 12:38 PM
Frank C

In driving the base 2.7t I did not find it the least but harsh, so "30% firmer" (which is what Audi is officially saying) should be very livable. Also, you are right about the 16 vs 17" wheels helping ride comfort.
My other consideration is that I'm coming out of a 328 Coupe w/Sport Package - anything would be more comfy. This is not to say that the Bimmer has "poor ride quality", just a very different mission than the A6 in general, w/PSK or not.
You're right about Brittney looking like a hooker.