A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Good evening gentlemen. Is there a person by the user name "TheBrit" cruising this board?.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good evening gentlemen. Is there a person by the user name "TheBrit" cruising this board?.....

I have a few questions for him, thanks.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default try here

<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/search/">Where to find TheBrit</a></li></ul>
Old 09-10-2003, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

He's probably asleep its about 4am his time.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

He posts wild made-up stories here all the time. Very entertaining nonetheless.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:35 AM
Rest In Peace

Default I can get hold of him for you...

as long as the questions aren't anything to do with any process of motoring law enforcement. Larry's right, he makes it all up, especially the bit about what speeds he drives. Ahem.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Expert

He can't possibly be British. He's too funny!
Old 09-11-2003, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sure if you want to pass on to him the following questions.....

But from what I just read on him (he makes it all up), maybe there is no need. I leave it up to you. It is claimed by someone on the B6 forum
that "TheBrit" who owns an Audi RS6 is saying the following things about the ESP in our cars;

The RS6 is the only car that the ESP is OFF when you select to the OFF position. All other Audi cars basically go into a semi dormant mode, meaning it is OFF but if you push the car beyond a certain limit, it will come back ON automatically.

My questions are the following; Why does he say that? Where did he read this? Is there an official Audi paper proving his point? Does he just assume this to be the case?

Thanks.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

It's also been reported in the motoring press...CAR, etc.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default What exactly as been reported? In any case here is my beef.....

I have spoken to an Audi tech and he assured me that when the switch is selected to the OFF position the system is disabled.
I have been to the Audi Quattro Challenge, we had the chance to go on a wet skid pad to try the difference between driving the course with the system enabled and disabled and I can tell you when the system was disabled there was no back up safety net.
In the Great White North (Canada), when driving on snow or ice covered surfaces with the system disabled you can do any kind of wild manoeuvres without any interference from the ESP, including 360 degree donuts a la rally style or just plain fish tailing from one side to the other. Further more I autocross and compete in Solo 1 events with my car. Never did I feel been held back by the car's ESP with the switch in the OFF position. If there is one racing discipline that goes beyond what I would call reasonable driving limits, it's Solo 2 or autocrossing. The car gets tossed and thrown around pylons at sometimes violent speeds and I never saw the ESP kick back in. So my question remains. What official Audi technical document was his source? I'm really interested because if there is some kind of system holding me back while autocrossing, I want to know. Maybe I will have to start pulling fuses to disconnect the system completely.

BTW, I don't put too much value on what the written press (even if it is a specialized press) and what is shown and said on television. They have been known on more then one occasion to be wrong. Remember the in the 80s, 60 Minutes and the whole Audi affair.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

You do know that TheBrit's go-between was TheBrit right?

Quick Reply: Good evening gentlemen. Is there a person by the user name "TheBrit" cruising this board?.....