A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Help Looking for advice Please read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The CPO checklist asks if car has less than 5 yrs/70k miles...

This car (the Audi) is on a Volkswagen lot. A good friend picked it up at there auction as well as the Volvo. I get to pay cost for one or the other. Would this make it hard for me to do the CPO?
Old 08-09-2004, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yes. CPO from Audi dealer only.

Your only alternative is to go aftermarket on a warranty. Either that or "self-insure" for the warranty, which means that you should expect to pay for repairs over the years out of pocket, as you would for any car regardless of make or model.

Good luck!
Old 08-09-2004, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Yes. CPO from Audi dealer only.

I think he said something about west something or another and there would be a 50$ deductible. Do you think that is a bad idea? Like I said the Volvo still has bumper to bumper and 3+ more years of factory protection. I love the looks of the Audi but the s60 is a close second.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default funds and taste

The Audi sounds like a great thing depending if you are ready to invest in a vehicle that may or may not of been maintained, tampered with,suffered a catastrophic failure that may be very costly to repair, due to last owners driving habits. Is the vehicle fully functional and certified by a certified Mechanic/technician? Are you able to repair it yourself as I am able too?

I can maintain low overhead because of my abilities on almost any vehicle, diagnostic, repair, some body and electronics. So that is why I would go with to buy it.
But if you have to pay for everything and have minimal Mechanical/Technical abilities, owning an older car can be costly, especially euro imports.

Just because the vehicle is under 60k, doesn't mean that it has not sat for years and suffering from a term I and a lot of people call Lot Rot or Garage Rot. just like the B52's in the American arsenal, it may last another 50 years. But Father time likes to oxidize, corrode, and fossilize mankinds creations and you may have to replace certain parts that have worn out from just sitting there. Like rubber, metal, plastic(especially when exposed to uv sunlight), copper wiring resist current as it ages with minimal current flow. Everything ages and decays. Me? I would by it, if it struck my fancy and available cash flow.

I Just think Volvo's are just wrong. A reliable car but made for safety with a feminine **** flair and boring design appearance that wears the symbol for manhood on it's grill. Oh no,you won't catch me owning one. the symbolism and design cries out safe family gay mans car. Which to me makes no since at all! good luck on your decision!
Old 11-30-2014, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeyjohn64
The Audi sounds like a great thing depending if you are ready to invest in a vehicle that may or may not of been maintained, tampered with,suffered a catastrophic failure that may be very costly to repair, due to last owners driving habits. Is the vehicle fully functional and certified by a certified Mechanic/technician? Are you able to repair it yourself as I am able too?

I can maintain low overhead because of my abilities on almost any vehicle, diagnostic, repair, some body and electronics. So that is why I would go with to buy it.
But if you have to pay for everything and have minimal Mechanical/Technical abilities, owning an older car can be costly, especially euro imports.

Just because the vehicle is under 60k, doesn't mean that it has not sat for years and suffering from a term I and a lot of people call Lot Rot or Garage Rot. just like the B52's in the American arsenal, it may last another 50 years. But Father time likes to oxidize, corrode, and fossilize mankinds creations and you may have to replace certain parts that have worn out from just sitting there. Like rubber, metal, plastic(especially when exposed to uv sunlight), copper wiring resist current as it ages with minimal current flow. Everything ages and decays. Me? I would by it, if it struck my fancy and available cash flow.

I Just think Volvo's are just wrong. A reliable car but made for safety with a feminine **** flair and boring design appearance that wears the symbol for manhood on it's grill. Oh no,you won't catch me owning one. the symbolism and design cries out safe family gay mans car. Which to me makes no since at all! good luck on your decision!
You are replying to a 10yr old post you know.