A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Immobilizer Key Code - Dealer Only????

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 05:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Immobilizer Key Code - Dealer Only????

2001 2.7T build date 11/2000, just purchased, only had one key with it.

Just want to confirm that I absolutely have to go to the dealer to get the immobilizer coded for a new key. I searched the forum and seems like I have immobilizer 2 with 4 digit code.

Purchased a key from autotransponder.com, they made the blade from a picture, works perfect. I was able to program the remote functions but of course immobilizer won't let it keep car running.

How can the immobilizer be disabled, any write up?

Thanks
Old 04-17-2013, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go to nefmoto.com you'll find ways of disabling the immobilizer. You'll need to learn a great deal about programming your own ECU with the nefmoto software, but at the end you'll come out a better man.

If you don't have the time or energy to invest into this, a trip to the dealer is your only option (or possibly taking the ECU out, shipping to someone who knows nefmoto and having them disable the immobilizer, but this is a lengthy process).

Just be sure to take ALL your keys to the dealer, including the service key. Whichever key he does not code will not work, even if that key worked before.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks
Old 04-17-2013, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Some Indy Locksmiths can get the code

Originally Posted by glenmac
2001 2.7T build date 11/2000, just purchased, only had one key with it.

Just want to confirm that I absolutely have to go to the dealer to get the immobilizer coded for a new key. I searched the forum and seems like I have immobilizer 2 with 4 digit code.

Purchased a key from autotransponder.com, they made the blade from a picture, works perfect. I was able to program the remote functions but of course immobilizer won't let it keep car running.

How can the immobilizer be disabled, any write up?

Thanks

The dealer retrieves the SKC, but isn't actually able to "see" it to give it to you, but they can code the key for you. For the first couple of years on your 01, they could download the SKC and the date (it changes daily) to use with VCDS. I think that some locksmiths have a software package that lets them capture the SKC and date for you, as well as code the key to your car. I looked at the nefmoto stuff and it was pretty complex, but I do agree that I would be a better person if I learned it!
Good luck either way.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by johnkk
The dealer retrieves the SKC, but isn't actually able to "see" it to give it to you, but they can code the key for you. For the first couple of years on your 01, they could download the SKC and the date (it changes daily) to use with VCDS. I think that some locksmiths have a software package that lets them capture the SKC and date for you, as well as code the key to your car. I looked at the nefmoto stuff and it was pretty complex, but I do agree that I would be a better person if I learned it!
Good luck either way.
Read out the dump from the Cluster, and I can supply you with your Immo code.

Or read out your ECU dump, and we can shut down your immo altogether.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Cluster and ECU dump

Originally Posted by MTykhnenko

Ok, how to get the cluster and ecu dump. Can VCDS do this or do you have to use nefmoto and get into the coding?
Old 04-18-2013, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnkk
Ok, how to get the cluster and ecu dump. Can VCDS do this or do you have to use nefmoto and get into the coding?
I was going to say to read the dump as well. If you get it, pretty easy to find the code. Only wish I would have known or been told about this when I was going through the same thing.

I have immo disabled now but like the idea of just coding new keys with the skc because then you won't get the annoying blinking light.

If you do a search for a member call ddilenger on nefmoto, he is the guy that really knows a great deal about this stuff. I'm in the process of playing with it now.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Deleteing

Originally Posted by MTykhnenko

how would I go about doing this. Email me nphippen061@ gmail.com
Old 03-13-2017, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am in similar situation with a key. My cluster was replaced during warranty (due to fading display!) and at that time, couldn't find one key. Dealer coded 1 key along with the valet key. Later on, I found the second one and can't use it. It's always in the back of my mind about what I'd have to do if I lose the main key. of course, the valet key will come to rescue but still...

But, I don't want to disable immobilizer. Is there a way to code it? OR, disable immobilizer > code > enable immobilizer?? (of course, saying that right now without much insight into the actual programming implications)