A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Just curious; what does you spouse drive? My wife just bought a C230 sportsedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just curious; what does you spouse drive? My wife just bought a C230 sportsedan

The reason I am asking is because it seem to me that women in general(hope I don't get attacked for this) or at least my wife seem to equate nice cars and justify spending money only on Mercedes, BMW, or Lexus.
Don't get me wrong, I like her car (especially nice with the very aggressive sport setup with 245/40/17 sitting in the rear) but I have been trying to convince her that Audi, Acura, Infinite, or even BMW makes higher quality cars are of much better value. With the same sticker price of $34,050 she could have gotten into a base A6 with my loyalty rebate or a Acura TL or Infinity with much more power and refinement. Of course the Bimmer is nice to her too but that would mean I have to pay alot more.

What? My impression on the C230 you ask... Well, actually I am ok with it and it is a lot better than I thought at least on the handling/ride side. All the equipment and design screams value except for the tinny 1.8 engine(but so does the A4) the interior worked better than I thought in person but is no bigger than an A4 and the interior pieces looks alot cheaper than A4 and not as good as the BMW. I would rate the interior quality on par with the G35. It even has decent power or at least on light throttle(still break in the car) The ride and handleing is the most surprising by far. It has a very settle feeling to it, not bouncing up and down like the Audis while offer very flat cornering (225f 245rear helps alot) but most importantly it soaks up road imperfection without much as to unsettle the chasis, very impressive. The steering feel is numb but the sport seats are excellent and offer impressive side bolsters. Overall, I am happy with the purchase despite going against it in the begining but after visiting and test driving the car I gave in, not because my wife is persistant but because I thought it was not a bad choice despite what many magzine has led me to believe. I guess what I am trying to say is that we really shouldn't be buying what the magazines tells us what we should be buying or else everyone will be buying BMW and Audis, no???
Old 03-10-2004, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi TT, will be trading it in and buying a new one next month

Current 2001is the 180 hp model, upgrading to the 2004 225hp cause it is the only TT with a manual, and she only likes to drive manuals,,, just like me... I do love her so.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default 2001 B5 A4 Sport with 17" Celebration (AKA RS4) Wheels ;)

She's doing clear corners and %35 tint this spring an wants smoked tails (though I'm having a hard time sourcing a set for her). Also considering a S4 grille and painting the lowers.

She "want's a mini version of my car", oh how cute
Old 03-10-2004, 01:34 PM

Default Sound like she is an Audi Enthusiast too, clear corner? She must be really into cars too.

Lucky guy. It nice to have someone share same hobby and appreciate the same things you do, that just make the ownership more valuable.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:35 PM

Default What, all your wives have the same taste in cars as most of us in the forum

damn it, I thought those women don't exist. gotta talk to my wife now...

A woman that like driving stick shift is just hot....
Old 03-10-2004, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I'll say. She bought me H&R coil overs for my birthday.

What a gal!
Old 03-10-2004, 01:39 PM

Presently TTQR, B6 S4 on the way
Old 03-10-2004, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

My woman drives an S60
Old 03-10-2004, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default She was the one who talked me into the 2.7t,, I was shopping for 1.8t A4.

.. but she wanted more back seat legroom for the kiddie. So I agreed to the A6 and went looking for "affordable" 3.0. Found one at the dealer, drove it, liked it, brought her to see it,,, and then the most wondeful thing happened... she talked me into test driving a 2.7t just because she wanted me to have a car a peppy as her TT...

It was love at first gear change.. and only 5k more than the 3.0 I had picked out. I still can't believe she had to talk me into it. I love this car,,, I love her more than the car, and the kids more than the car, my job, well I love that about the same amount as the car.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Mine shares a love for Audi, but wouldn't know a coilover from a ignition coil.

Quick Reply: Just curious; what does you spouse drive? My wife just bought a C230 sportsedan