A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

PAG oil quantity

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PROBLEM ON MY AC AUDI R8 V10 2012

Originally Posted by jcman
Sounds like so far you are on the right track, a little advise from a seasoned 23yr commercial refrigeration tech would be to "triple evacuate" your system to add the most insurance against dreadful containments "like flush solvents” moisture, and non-condensables.

Triple evacuation is a good long vac then a charge of freon or nitrogen enough to purge off then repeat three times, purge and sweep we call it to ensure the crap is out and your dry before you do that holy grail recharge.

I warranty service many systems that require this procedure more so these days with POE basically the same as PAG using 134A, 404A, 410A refrigerants,
so keep in mind as I said before that these oils are very very moisture absorbent to the point that when you open the container its already wet depending on the RH that day.

Hello,

I was reading that you are a guru on the Audi A/C system.
Few days a go while driving my R8 bought used and using it very rarely like 2000 miles x year i start the aircon and all was working well except that the blowiong air was not cold at all
I tried to off and on the system but nothing.......
The next day i did a vcds check and no error was found so I start the car and after i pressed the ac button it start to blow very cold air lol,i went for a ride and all worked perfectly.
Today i just tried again and it was working well,so i was wondering what happened and if there is any service i can do to it ? I dont want to bring it to audi as they know less then me but i can bring to some good garage but i must be able to tell the guy how to do it in the best way as car like this they never seen and even if the same compressor on other audis they are always not professional.
If a gas addition is necessary how he should perform it ? In order to vacuum all the humidity and bad stuff inside how should he proceed? The pag oil shell i replace it ? hOW IT can be done ?
I think there is no one better then you about it in here and your helkp would be highly appreciated,
God bless You
Francesco