A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Paging Kgnast-Nemo4.2. From a person that knows,

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging Kgnast-Nemo4.2. From a person that knows,

what exactly is the service writers responsibly??
Are they over the Techs?? Can they schedule your car in front of somebody else? Are they the one's that talk to AoA?? etc ?? I'm just curious!
Hope all is good with you! Playing any golf lately?
Old 05-18-2004, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey, what's going on? Alright, I'll try my best to address your q's but.....

different dealerships will handle responsiblities differently.

Service Writers/Advisors are over the techs, the techs only work on the cars, they don't have any real decision making power.

Service Advisors can schedule your car ahead of another, can refuse you service on a particular day, etc. I believe in sending nice bottles of Glenlivet for X-mas, insures I never have any issues regarding service. They are also the guys who can turn a blind eye to stuff which shouldn't be warrantied, such as stock suspension bushings on a car with aftermarket suspension, etc.

Tech Writers do not talk to people at Aoa if it concerns dealer buybacks or big warranty issues. That goes to Sales Manager responsible for the car sale to you, and the Service Manager. Always send the Service Manager a nice bottle for X-mas too.

All is well, haven't played in the past couple of weeks, but I did get away to Fla for 8 days, played 4 rounds, visited Scarletts of Hollywood (was there for 4 1/2 hours in a private backroom), dropped a bucketload of cash, had an allout blast.