A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Questions about Car Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about Car Problems

I have a 99a6q that is Audi Assured. I have recently noticed that the front right window seems to have wind noise problems at higher speeds. It sounds like the seal isn't tight enough. I recently had the car in for the recall that included new window guides. Could that have anything to do with it? Is this type of problem covered by the Audi Assured Program?

The second problem I am experiencing is that the car idles rough. I have read that it could be the motor mounts. What else could be the cause and would it be covered by Audi Assured? If not how much might it cost?

The third problem is shaking when breaking. However, it doesn't happen all of the time. I know it could be the rotors, but I am hoping someone might suggest that it could be something else. You know, something a little easier and cheaper to fix.
Old 06-23-2003, 03:46 PM
Elder Member

Default Re: Questions about Car Problems

1) Yeah, it could be. Always take you problems to the them and make them say yeh or nay. If they say no make they show you why and then check it out.

2) Again it could be; but, my guess it's something else. Make them check it out and confer with you.

3) Maybe, warped rotors. See above.

Take it in; as, it sounds like you have som issues that needs their attention.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:06 PM
RSC
AudiWorld Senior Member

1) Try lower the window a little and then raise it back up to see if the noise goes away. You can also try raising both front windows together and see if the right one is significantly slower. If yes, there's some friction preventing the window to go all the way up leaving a small gap for wind noise to intrude. Probably window glide or motor.
3) I'd say warped brake also.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My 2 cents...

try these cheap and easy methods first:

1. Make sure the rubber window gasket is not dirty or visibly damaged. Give it a good cleaning and that might solve your problem.

2. Run a bottle of Chevron Techroline(sp) fuel conditioner thru your gas tank. That product seems to work good on fuel injector cleaning and you can get it at a Chevron station or an auto parts store.

3. Try a few very hard back to back stops from 50-60 MPH down to 0. Make sure you let the brakes cool down before you have to use them again. This will clean the pads and rotors of deposits.

If some or all of these cheap and easy fixes don't work give the dealer a call.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:35 PM

Here are some solutions for your three problems:

1. Take your vehicle to a dealer and drive with the service manager in the vehicle so they know and understand exactly what you're talking about. Then find out whether or not the problem can be solved without any cost to you under the Audi Assured program.

2. Idling rough can be due to many variables. It can be from worn valvetrain, dirty fuel injectors, old spark plugs, etc. I'd recommend a tune up and a fuel system cleaning. You can start from there.

3. Your brakes are warped, have them resurfaced or replaced.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Don't forget about a leaky door seal...

I had a noise coming from the seal towards the rear pillar. The following post solved my problem.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/214593.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/214593.phtml</a</li></ul>