A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Update on Audi Customer Care and my repairs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on Audi Customer Care and my repairs.

I had mentioned a couple threads below my car is in for Camshaft seal repair, rear diff leaks, drive shaft seal leaking and cracked sway bar. Someone here suggested I call AOA, which I did.

Spoke to Audi Customer Care today and they said in so many words  eSorry it is out of factory warranty”. The gentlemen I spoke to was very sensitive to the problems I am having with the car but just said there is nothing they can do. I told them it is pretty sad a care with 54K needs over $2,900.00 in repairs, which he agreed.

So the next step is for me to wait for the dealer to call and let me know how much I will owe for Camshaft seal repair. Not to happy with Audi or the car right now.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You may not be too happy, but you knew you were not getting Toyota/Honda reliability when purchased.

Look on the bright side; you did not pay for any maintenance the first 3 (or 4 years). You have a great car to drive. It has a stunning interior not exceeded by many (if any).

Come on, the car is nearly 5 years old, and has 54K miles. Bite the bullet, get the repairs done, and smile every time you get in (or just approach it). Otherwise trade it in for something more reliable but less appealing.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Really, they are charging too much for cam adjuster gasket replacement.

Like I said before, you can do them in a couple of hours per side and the gaskets cost almost nothing.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default not getting Toyota/Honda reliability when purcha

I agree fully Audi is not as realiable as a Toyota. But I would think a car should be able to go 54K without having major repairs like these.

The repairs we are talking about are not brakes and brake pads here. The transmission is leaking the engine is leaking no matter what car you have that is 5 years old with 54K these things should not be happening yet. As for the Free Service that is never free, we all paid for it in the price of the car up front rather than one repair at a time.

Don't get me wrong it is a nice car but when it is the shop every couple months (Prev Repairs) for days how fun is it to drive then.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default when it gets to being in the shop every 2 weeks....

then you know it's bad. Granted, these issues are b.s.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I agree

Just pissees me off with these major repairs cause I really do like the car alot.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I deleted my post as I realized that my VW dealer did admit that on turbo'ed engines the suction

pump could cause the seals to blow, just not on a N/A engine. Not enough caffeine yet.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default had the same problem with my C4 avant....

loved the car, but it needed work constantly and was racking up bills fast. I traded the old uboat in for a new 03. Like the C4 better though.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default That's what the Audi tech told me too

He said Warranty will not cover it if they know the pump caused it. We will see what they say when they call back.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't understand the logic of denying the warranty due to the suction pump.

It is really not a pump anyway. Is is just a plastic venturi with check valves. I haven't acutally figured out how it does fail even though I've cut one apart (see pic poster).

Ask them if they would cover the leak if it was caused by failure of a check valve in the breather system (essentially the same thing).

Quick Reply: Update on Audi Customer Care and my repairs.