A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

An update on my brakes (from a previous post)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An update on my brakes (from a previous post)

Finman and April, thanks for your help on this thus far.

Well, my car has been at the dealer for a week now, and they have determined that they will not honor the warrantee for repair. (check the link for details on problem). At this point the decision has been made by the service manager, and it seems that the zone rep is very new, and has given autonomy to him (in general anyway). I have requested that the rep actually view the problem, and review the decision. The 72 hrs to wait from Audi customer relations past with no response, and I called the following day. The rep I spoke to said he would contact the zone rep. I just called again (another business day has gone by), and got another rep (advocate) and the one I had spoken to was busy. She checked my file, and told me all the stuff I knew already. She said that the other rep had asked to be contacted by the zone rep and would call me when that happened. I asked for an ETA on that call, and she couldn't tell me. I asked if there is any service level agreement to which the zone reps have to answer, as far as getting back to advocates, and she said no there wasn't. What is with this company???
When I bought this car, I was told it had the same brakes as the S4 and S6. Obviously that is not the case. I have a sport package, tires rated to 149+mph (z)on 17" rims, all stock, and I have brakes that are not sport oriented at all, not to mention the dust they produce. It seems to me that Audi isn't answering this issue very well.

Comments or further advice welcome.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/207434.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/207434.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 11-25-2002, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sucks big time...I would suggest...

asking if anyone here knows of a person higher up within AoA who you can contact. If that is not helpful and you are done with waiting for the group you have up in the air right now, I would recommend filing a small claims lawsuit naming your dealership, your dealer, and Audi of America. I'm not a lawsuit monger, but your claim is legitimate and they are failing to meet their contractual obligation. I imagine that within hours of AoA receiving their notice of small claims actions, that your dealer will get a call telling them to honor the warranty. This is SIMPLE breech of contract...I doubt it would ever reach the court, but if it did, you would win quickly, or at least you should.