A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Well, I got the number 1 sign from a fellow driver.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 10:06 AM
Craggy Old Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, I got the number 1 sign from a fellow driver.

I should have shown more restraint but, alas, I did not and for that I am truly sorry.
I had waited in a lineup on a freeway on-ramp. It was a single lane but had room both left and right for another car to fit in(but no lane). I was about #6 when I pulled into the line. When I reached the #2 position, I noticed in the passenger mirror, that a car was moving past all the cars on the right side(about 11 cars deep now). Some people were honking at the car but the car kept on coming. As I pulled into the number 1 slot waiting for the green light(about a 10 second interval), The other car pulled up and stopped(I thought it would have kept going). It was a BMW, no idea of the model at this time, and a person in their 20's?? was driving it, female. When I looked over, she looked over and smiled and I shook my head - no-no-no. She just smiled a "greasy" smile( no other word for a fake smile ).
The run to get to the freeway is about 100-150 yards and just the 1 lane with room on both sides, and walled in. I don't know why but I wasn't going to give in. I planned to head a shade left away from that car but I would not let it pass. Light goes green and sure enough, the car floors it. I wasn't to far behind right off the bat, I hadn't rev'd it or anything, just a constant pressure on the gas. The car shifted auto to 2nd and then I was WOT and the Turbos spooled, I was maybe ¼ car back, Then wam out ahead by 1 then 2 then 4 then whatever, the car shifted to 3rd, so I was traveling around 70mph, I backed off the gas then, settled down to 65mph then I was able to merge into the 1st lane of the freeway. Here comes bimmer person and promptly rides my butt, cause the 2nd lane is taken, when its clear the driver moves over, gets beside me( I am doing 65mph on the nose), and Lo and Behold, a right hand snakes up to be seen by all, and she gives me the Number 1 sign, the smile has gone and this face of hatred has replaced it, : )). Then the car speeds up and disappears amongst all the cars, while I am still doing 65mph. As it passes me, I see that the rear of the car has a badge saying 330CI. Guess the driver must have felt it would be no contest back on the ramp : ), after all I am an old codger in my 4 door sedan. Kinda made my day : ))
Old 02-10-2004, 10:11 AM

HAHA! A classic, we have plenty of nasty 3-series female drivers in DC. Sweet to **** them off...
Old 02-10-2004, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Isn't it fun to hunt outside of the expected circle of "competitive" cars?:-)

The sort of rudeness and selfishness the BMW driver displayed is inexcusable unless a life or death situation.

I've been picking up the Asian habit of a short disdainful glance, and studiously ignoring the jerk type driver as if they were some speck beneath my notice. It's the ultimate "finger" ;-)
Old 02-10-2004, 10:14 AM

Default Congratulations and great looking car!

We have to what we have to do sometimes, right? You did what you had to do and you did it GOOD!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah! Maybe she was starting to 'sign' out her phone #, you missed out!

Default Was she at least pretty? The only lady to tell me off was fat and driving a Corolla...

She was driving 20 in a 25 mph residential area, then, she flipped me off as I was finally able to pass her up. What a dumb-**** she was.

At least the one you encountered was in a classier car. Meh, sometimes, you just don't wanna give in and let them pass. I get that way, too, on occasion.

BTW, the LZs look nice!
Old 02-10-2004, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Dare I say it...... you "WENT TURBO".... (stealing shamelessly from SunValley) .
AudiWorld Super User

Well Done!! Audi is Number 1... I guess she was speeding to an Audi dealer for a trade in.

hahahhhaah
Old 02-10-2004, 10:16 AM

puhahahahahhha

Quick Reply: Well, I got the number 1 sign from a fellow driver.