A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

3.0T intake issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.0T intake issues

Help!! I have a 2010 A6 3.0T supercharged engine. I love this car. Recently, the oil canister was broken by a younger mechanic during an oil chance. Very frustrating. Repairing this has let to many broken parts that were brittle with age. Finally, i am on the way back together. Only when i reinstall it he lower intakes, the Venturi hit the intake valve baffle. I can not figure any way to adjust this. New seals have not helped. Audi will not take my call. WTF is going on. Latterly nothing has changed to make this happen. Has anyone else had this issue and how was it corrected? I see on some forums with the 3.0 TDI they are deleting the Venturi and baffle for increased power? Not sure if this applies to the gas variant or is even factual.....
Old 06-16-2019, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I’m fuzzy on the details, but I think it’s been mentioned on here in connection with carbon cleaning, that when reassembling the intake manifold you have to hold the actuator so the flaps are open while you put into place and bolt down the manifold. Otherwise the flap will sit on the wrong side of the dividers and cannot open properly (or is it close fully?). This was in connection with the 3.2 motor, but may also apply to yours. Someone with first hand knowledge will hopefully add a comment, but hopefully this will set you on the right track.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Are you taking about the intake runner flaps hitting the plates in the cylinder head? Yes it will cause a check engine light and flap bank 1 and 2 stuck closed. You have to remove all the fuel rail screws and pull the assembly up off the head slightly. Then with your finger actuator rod connected to the vacuum diaphragm and with your finger manually pull it all the way open and then seat the rail back onto the cylinder head. Still holding it opened install 2 screws in the middle on top and bottom and then release. Install the rest of the screws, repeat on the other side and you should be good to go.

-Cheers
Old 06-16-2019, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake flap stuck

Thank you for the clarification. It was pissing me off trying to figure that thing out.....