A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Best Tune for Amature?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Tune for Amature?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get my 2009 A6 3.0T tuned ASAP and am hoping for some advice. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to technical lingo and such. I checked out APRs stage II package that includes and ECU flash and pulley upgrade. Runs about $1,800 plus install and tax. Have a few questions.

1. I won't be racing and just want improved 0-60 time. Is this the best dollar for dollar package? $2k is a lot of money.

2. I saw on another thread that GIAC has just come out with a tune. Any idea if its comparable?

3. Should I be looking at any other companies?

I'm in the Denver area.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have answers to your questions but when I first got my A6 I was introduced to the guys over at 3zero3 Motorsports in Wheatridge. I dont work for them or make any money off of this post but they do a ton of over the top mods for racing and for street. I'd call them. They are passionate about Audi / Porsche / VW and love to educate owners.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

APR tune is by far a more popular choice among 3.0T owners on this forum. Many claim that Stasis tune is identical to APR. GIAC is a reputable company but from my research APR has more experience tuning Audi engines.

All tuning software gets more horsepower from forced induction engines (turbo and super charged) by increasing the air boost. The pulley package gives you more boost by turning the supercharger turbine faster. Audi has set our boost at a reasonable PSI to give the engine more power while maintaining the reliability of the engine. Most of these tuning companies push the envelop by allowing the boost to increase.

It's a trade-off between power and reliability. No one can definitively quantify how much additional stress engine/transmission can endure before a significant degradation in reliability occurs. So you do take some risks in going with a tuning route.

Since you have a 2009 model, you're original warranty is probably expired. Most people choose Stasis because they offer equivalent warranty in case of engine failure. If out of the warranty, most people choose APR because it is cheaper. Not many have reported (at least on this forum) of going with GIAC.

Hope this helps.... You can watch YouTube video of one of the members here who has tuned his engine with APR. Pretty impressive.