A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Complete Audio Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jackdone
You can try to get a "remote" signal from your HI / LO converter? The objectives of the blue comes through. Its suppose to send a "remote" signal to your amp, it becomes hi signal of speaker wire.
Yes and it is the easiest way but some in the case with "gkb" user, his LOC does Not have remote wire build in.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:00 AM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by audia6s
Yes and it is the easiest way but some in the case with "gkb" user, his LOC does Not have remote wire build in.
lol, I actually do.

The problem is I thought I needed to have the power and ground from the converter connected to the Bose wires to actually get the remote turn on to work.

My LOC has 7 wires, 4 speaker wires (+L -L +R -R), 1 Black (ground) 1 Yellow (Pos) 1 Blue (Remote)

so from what you guys are telling me I can just connect my Remote wire from my LOC directly to the amp and it will work?

Last edited by gkb; 12-22-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gkb
lol, I actually do.

The problem is I thought I needed to have the power and ground from the converter connected to the Bose wires to actually get the remote turn on to work.

My LOC has 7 wires, 4 speaker wires (+L -L +R -R), 1 Black (ground) 1 Yellow (Power) 1 Blue (Remote)

so from what you guys are telling me I can just connect my Remote wire from my LOC directly to the amp and it will work?
Oh yeah it's too easy then. Your PAC in the same as mine than. Some don't have "Remote" wire and I thought that was your case. So just simply connect L Pos and L Neg and R Pos and R Net to pins 5,15,16 and 17 like I described in my thread. Ground to you car chassis and Pos (yellow) wire to pin 1 and your "remote" (blue) wire will automatically trigger (providing 5v) as soon as your car speakers are giving power.
Also be advised my pin layout was giving for BOSE sound system so if you have Basic pins might not be the same.

Last edited by audia6s; 12-21-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:55 PM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

Oh yeah it's too easy then. Your PAC in the same as mine than. Some don't have "Remote" wire and I thought that was your case. So just simply connect L Pos and L Neg and R Pos and R Net to pins 5,15,16 and 17 like I described in my thread. Ground to you car chassis and Pos (yellow) wire to pin 1 and your "remote" (blue) wire will automatically trigger (providing 5v) as soon as your car speakers are giving power.
Also be advised my pin layout was giving for BOSE sound system so if you have Basic pins might not be the same.
Alright just went shopping, got some more t-taps and end caps, I'm hoping to tackle this and correct the DIY tomorrow.
It's funny cause I know so much about car audio it's not even funny, but you know what they say, "you learn something new everyday"
Old 12-22-2010, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gkb
Alright just went shopping, got some more t-taps and end caps, I'm hoping to tackle this and correct the DIY tomorrow.
It's funny cause I know so much about car audio it's not even funny, but you know what they say, "you learn something new everyday"
Wish you luck but i'm sure everything is going to work just fine.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:50 PM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

I don't really remember the colors but as I remember, wires out of pins 5 and 15 will be somewhat the same. What I mean 5 and 15 will have more color in common vs. 16 and 17. We"ll say 5 will be "brown" with yellow line and "15" will be just "brown. Where 16 will be "gray" and 17 "gray" with White line.
Wiring color seems very different, are you sure the pins are coorect, 5 is White/yellow 17 brown/yellow 16 white/black 15 brown/black..

lol in out there in 25degree CT winter, help me out buddy, i'm freezing.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gkb
Wiring color seems very different, are you sure the pins are coorect, 5 is White/yellow 17 brown/yellow 16 white/black 15 brown/black..

lol in out there in 25degree CT winter, help me out buddy, i'm freezing.
I can't really remember exact colors. I don't have my car next to me right now, I am visiting some family in Germany right now. I will be back to TX in few weeks and if you would like to wait until then, I would pull out my LOC out and let you know for sure.

P.S. Its -12C here
Old 12-31-2010, 06:57 AM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

ok, I bought the Ondemand5 Program, Seems those colors are 100% correct, weird though never seen a manufacturer not wire similar electrics by similar colors. (bought the 1 year Subscription, some pretty good info they got, Thanks)

Lol, wow don't freeze, better yet don't drive I've been watching videos all week about snowy/Icy roads with 20 car pile ups.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gkb
ok, I bought the Ondemand5 Program, Seems those colors are 100% correct, weird though never seen a manufacturer not wire similar electrics by similar colors. (bought the 1 year Subscription, some pretty good info they got, Thanks)

Lol, wow don't freeze, better yet don't drive I've been watching videos all week about snowy/Icy roads with 20 car pile ups.
OnDemand and ELSA are the best. Should have let me know, I would have hooked you up for free with OnDemand5
Old 01-01-2011, 11:33 AM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

I was gonna ask but since mine is 07 and yours is 08 thought there might be a couple different things.

Had everything working for a little but had to unhook everything. I need to find a better way to get those t-taps in. It seems 10-12 gauge will work a lot better but I can't find them anywhere (pepboys, autozone, advance only have the 14-16) the 14-16 gave me a very hard time, and my needle nose pliers and vice grip didn't make it any easier. Is there a special tool to make the T-taps go in with a breeze?

Quick Reply: Complete Audio Install