A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Looking for feedback on k-mac front camber kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for feedback on k-mac front camber kit

Has anyone running Eibach springs installed this kit? Does it resolve the front inner tire wear issue?

http://www.iapdirect.com/product.php?productid=42129
Old 02-10-2011, 04:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are you currently seeing tire wear issues? If so, how much (if it's possible to quantify)? I've got the FSDs and Eibachs being installed now.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

yes, I am experiencing tire wear issue on the front - in about 15k miles, the inner side of the front were gone; another 2-3k miles and the tire could have given way on the road.

If you park your car and turn the wheels all the way to one side, you should bee able to see the inside of the front tire on one side of the car. How many miles since you installed this kit? Any noticeable wear? Also, do you remember what setting the alignment was done to? My guy set them up to the 1BV settings (Sport Quattro) - which isn't really working for me.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
AlignmentValues.pdf (81.8 KB, 279 views)

Last edited by am_ver; 02-10-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I honestly just picked up my car this morning from having the installation done. I've got about 4 miles on the kit at this point. I wanted to give it about a week or so before having the alignment done. Once I do, I'll happily post the alignment values and let you know what sort of wear I see.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

yes, thats a good idea. They ask you to let the springs settle for about 500 miles after install before you do an alignment.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

jboy - did you get the alignment done yet? values?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by am_ver
jboy - did you get the alignment done yet? values?
Any feedback on the K Macs? Gonna get mine ordered and installed soon.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

They work great. No camber wear what so ever - took the car for a tire rotation to the dealer - and they confirmed, no uneven wear. Car sits more balanced as well. Love them - my suggestion, if you are going to lower your car, get the kmacs installed during the install of springs.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by am_ver
They work great. No camber wear what so ever - took the car for a tire rotation to the dealer - and they confirmed, no uneven wear. Car sits more balanced as well. Love them - my suggestion, if you are going to lower your car, get the kmacs installed during the install of springs.
Thanks. Already have the s-line+ Koni FSDs installed and front inner tire wear is terrible.

Has handling improved too? And did you also change the front suspension bushes to K Mac versions too?
Old 09-27-2011, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ACSGP
Thanks. Already have the s-line+ Koni FSDs installed and front inner tire wear is terrible.

Has handling improved too? And did you also change the front suspension bushes to K Mac versions too?
The car sits better - so feels more balanced. Earlier, with the alignments, I felt that only part of the tire was touching the road. I just changed the upper and lower control arms bushings - thats what is included in the set.

Quick Reply: Looking for feedback on k-mac front camber kit