A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Retro fitting Heated seats trouble & coding HVAC

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retro fitting Heated seats trouble & coding HVAC

Hey everyone, Just wondering if there's anyone out there that can help me out. I picked up a C6 A6 for parts so I thought I'd take the heated seats out of the parts car and install them into mine. I removed the wiring and installed the harness into mine with no trouble, had to remove all the seat leathers and install them over the heated cushions which were a (PITA). As for my HVAC controller, I removed the blanking plates that are in place of the heated seat buttons and swapped the buttons from the parts car, that way I wouldn't worry about the component protection on the controller. after putting everything back together and pushing the heated seat button, I did get the picture of the seat in the MMI screen. But when I went to adjust the temperature it stays on 0, I cannot find anything in VDCS that says anything about heated seats, When I go into Output test and select heated seat left or right it says an error 4 from the controller, I plugged in the parts car HVAC controller and of course, it says off of both displays and the buttons don't work but when I go into output test for the heated seats they both work. So I found the EEPROM that stores the coding for CP in HVAC and swapped it over to the parts car one. Now It does light up and seems to work but now I'm back to where I started, it shows up on the MMI but stays on 0, and the rear defroster will only light up when the button is pushed and won't stay on lol. I did read about going into adaptation channel 81 and change the values to reset the controller, but it says security access needed, and of course, I have no idea what the security code is, I know it's not 01122 lol. Any help on coding different controllers that I'm missing or a direction I can try would be a big help, sorry for the long read....
Old 04-21-2019, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 171 Likes on 150 Posts

I don't know if this security code will work, but here is the security code I used in VCDS to access the air suspension module when I changed the rear air shocks on my A6 Avant:

[Security]
[Do it!]
[08367]

This is the code I obtained from Ross-Tech.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks A6Gary, but no joy
Old 04-21-2019, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

what coding you have on the climate?
or..post full vcds log..can compare with mine..
/H
Old 04-21-2019, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

This is the scan with my HVAC that shows the seat on the MMI when the heated button is pushed, but cant adjust the temp. and if I go into the output testing it says not supported error 4, I did plug in the other HVAC that is locked but will test when done though the output test-03, and coped all the adaptation values in all channels that would allow me to enter a new value, and placed them in the other HVAC controller with no luck. So if you can see something that I'm missing please let me know lol
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Log3.txt (28.1 KB, 80 views)
Old 04-22-2019, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

the log shows 2 component protection ? ...get rid of atleast first the HVAC-02084 - Component Protection
...clear codes and rescan.CP locks out lot of functions.
/H
Old 04-22-2019, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The only way to remove the CP is through Audi right?
Old 04-24-2019, 02:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Allwiredup
The only way to remove the CP is through Audi right?
Mm.... The "short" answer and The easiest way is yes.
Or shop or someone with gecko online access to v.a.g
(or someone with abrites software.. Or equivalent 😁.. )
/H
Edit : I think CP is not only stored in the chip you mentioned.. You also need to have the gateway from the donor car.. If I remember correctly.. 🤔 If you going to try get rid of it.. But then comes other components to be unhappy..

Last edited by hrc4u; 04-24-2019 at 02:38 AM.