A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2024, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts

Since one may need to change a flat tire while traveling, every vehicle will have lift points so the driver (or even AAA) can change a tire en-route on each corner location. As kelisco has shown in his video, the A7 has clearly marked lift points (front and rear), which is similar to the lift points on my A6 C6 Avant.
Old 02-29-2024, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 117 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Avantly
Bro, wrong account... You meant to post as Kelisko LOL

Anyway, I've mentioned before that I've owned most brands of cars except for the korean brands, every brand and model has their drawbacks but as I've also mentioned before the VAG cars just stick with me because I maintain them properly and they have never, ever left me stranded (except when I hit a massive pothole and blew two tires at the same time). Can't say the same for most other brands I've owned... If I had a dime for every US car I've owned that overheated while driving due to an inexplicably failed head gasket...
every single german car I owned has left me stranded with no warning. And its been a few. Lets go with the latest one, went downtown Toronto in mid day for a business meeting, parked, came back after 2 hours. Car wont crank. Dead starter.
then year or two prior, driving to work, rush hour traffic highway, middle lane of 3, car just shutsdown while driving. literally just turned off. Had to fckn push piece of **** of the highway while cars around me left and right, one great guy blocked the road with his pickup and helped me push it off. Fuel pump died. No symptoms whatsoever.
Oh, then power steering rack literally blew both sides while driving 60kmh, on a straight peace of road, spitting steering fluid everywhere and destroying power steering pump together with it as it starved it from fluid.Even mechanic was socked when he saw it. Literally BOTH sides blew out with no prior warning or leak.

yeah, these are things that CAN happen on any car, yet, these are only cars that failed me without any warning.when I think of it, no other car prior to my Audis, left me literally stranded on the road that I needed tow truck. NO OTHER

Originally Posted by A6Gary
Since one may need to change a flat tire while traveling, every vehicle will have lift points so the driver (or even AAA) can change a tire en-route on each corner location. As kelisco has shown in his video, the A7 has clearly marked lift points (front and rear), which is similar to the lift points on my A6 C6 Avant.
again, no body is saying there is no jacking points. There is no locations to put jack stands. Understand? Because avantly says, oh, do your own work on the car. Yeah, I have a death wish to go under the car while its on a jack, as I can support the car on jack stands.

Im still waiting for avantly to show me where those locations are from the factory.

Last edited by G-Can; 02-29-2024 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-29-2024, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 117 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiAllTheWay
Again why would G-Can care so passionately about locations of C7 jack points since he owns a worn out C6 🤷‍♂️
nobody asked you.

I am asking because Avantly is stating there is. So where are they. You also are avoiding the answer because you also dont know.
Old 02-29-2024, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 119 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Can
nobody asked you.

I am asking because Avantly is stating there is. So where are they. You also are avoiding the answer because you also dont know.
Wrong forum. There is a C7 forum where you can ask questions about C7 👍
Old 02-29-2024, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 151 Likes on 135 Posts

There is no locations to put jack stands. Understand?.
Again, you don't work on cars, so your points are invalid.

If you worked on cars, you'd know, the easiest way is to raise the car from under the control arms (they do support the entire weight of the vehicle) THEN you can place a jackstand under the LIFTING points. I also always place a tire under the rocker panel just behind the jackstand, as a third "backup".

Pretty much every car ever made can be raised by the diff (if its a solid axle vehicle) or the by control arms. Not that hard of a task fellas.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

In the upcoming Trailer some Chuck Lorre mixed with a few Tarantino scenes 🙂

Audience reaction to Kelisko et al spending $30K US on a 250,000KM A7 and ship half way around the world… without a PPI 😱
​​​​​​
Old 02-29-2024, 09:14 PM
Banned

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

every single german car I owned has left me stranded with no warning. And its been a few. Lets go with the latest one, went downtown Toronto in mid day for a business meeting, parked, came back after 2 hours. Car wont crank. Dead starter.
then year or two prior, driving to work, rush hour traffic highway, middle lane of 3, car just shutsdown while driving. literally just turned off. Had to fckn push piece of **** of the highway while cars around me left and right, one great guy blocked the road with his pickup and helped me push it off. Fuel pump died. No symptoms whatsoever.
Oh, then power steering rack literally blew both sides while driving 60kmh, on a straight peace of road, spitting steering fluid everywhere and destroying power steering pump together with it as it starved it from fluid.Even mechanic was socked when he saw it. Literally BOTH sides blew out with no prior warning or leak.

yeah, these are things that CAN happen on any car, yet, these are only cars that failed me without any warning.when I think of it, no other car prior to my Audis, left me literally stranded on the road that I needed tow truck. NO OTHER

again, no body is saying there is no jacking points. There is no locations to put jack stands. Understand? Because avantly says, oh, do your own work on the car. Yeah, I have a death wish to go under the car while its on a jack, as I can support the car on jack stands.

Im still waiting for avantly to show me where those locations are from the factory.

G-kelisko,

If you want to be technical about it, there are not jackstand points on *most* cars from the OEM perspective. There simply happen to be places which you can place jack stands under on most cars. So what you're saying is that because it is slightly more difficult for you personally to place jackstands under a particular car, that car is a terrible car blah blah blah.

Regarding these german cars that left you stranded, I wonder what the service history looked like on them? How many yearly inspection items were neglected? German cars were designed with preventative maintenance in mind, and that list of to-do items includes not just mandatory maintenance like oil changes, timing belt and whatnot, but inspection of many items... Like the steering rack! etc. It would be uncanny for a single person such as yourself to have a horrible time with every German car he drove unless there was some common denominator between all of those cars... Like the owner and his neglect of the car. Just sayin. Otherwise it would just make no sense how people like me and so very many others are able to drive these cars 200-300k miles with minimal problems and extremely rare breakdowns. What you are saying just doesn't make sense unless there is something being left out (like lack of proper maintenance).
Old 03-01-2024, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 346 Likes on 290 Posts

G-Can, don't let them take you out of context. This whole recent development was about Avantly's statement below saying that it's easier to work on recent cars vs older cars. We've proven him wrong and he can't show us where jacking points are on his C7 just like many people online who are looking for a way to properly jack up their C7. Recent cars are more complicated to work on than older cars and it's a fact because cars are getting more and more complicated everyday and manufacturers are trying to find a way to make their dealerships make money, especially some German ones like VW and Audi by making the simplest thing overly complex. You've made your point and it's clear and makes sense. They can provide all their shaky arguments, the fact is THE C7 DOES NOT HAVE JACKING POINTS whereas the C6 does which makes the C7 more complicated to jack up because you really don't know where to place the stands. Ignore anything else they will add, there is no point continuing debating as we've proven our point.

Originally Posted by Avantly
If you actually worked on the cars, you'd know that they have gotten a lot easier to work on since the 90's. Service procedures actually started making sense on vehicles in the early 2000's and by the late 2000's you see so many things to aid in ease of serviceability, whether it be holes in unibody rails to allow you to access that previously impossible bolt with ease, or just general fastener placement making so much more sense than it did before.
To come back to the subject, no one is saying that American vehicles are reliable or better than German ones. I believe we've always been saying Japanese is the way to go. Lexus, Toyota, Honda, Suzuki... Some have been talking about Hyundai and KIA, well, they are not Japanese but Korean if you don't know. I say, BUY JAPANESE and be HAPPY. You can then have the Audi as second money-pit project car for every bored weekend wrenching because it will need it
Old 03-01-2024, 07:01 AM
Banned

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

KelisCan/G-Kelisko:

If you are giving up on your flawed arguments and trying to distract this thread into a "Japanese car" vs. "European car" thread, why don't we also turn it into a dollar store ukulele vs. fender electric guitar thread.

Also explain to me why I have not one, but two '05/'06 V8 4runners sitting out back with barely over 100k miles and frames cracked in half (ok, ok, we all know the answer to that, Japan never has been able to solve their corrosion issues and likely never will... but I will fully admit that the V8's in those 4unners still run fantastic). Yes, we know you can sardine-can around in a toyota or nissan sedan for a long time with minimal maintenance... But you're in a sardine can. And I'm in this yacht and it is sooooooo comfortable... And I'm spending only a slightly greater amount of time on maintenance and money for my secondhand yacht but let me tell you buddy, it is soooo worth it ;-)
Old 03-01-2024, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Trying a new hobby

Same as the old hobby 😉

Last edited by AudiAllTheWay; 03-01-2024 at 09:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand