A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

SPARK PLUG CHANGE NEED SUG.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPARK PLUG CHANGE NEED SUG.

whats up everyone i have a 2005 a6 3.2v6 and its time for new spark plugs and air filter cuz i get a small shake in the morning cold starts any sug. on what kind plugs and filter to buy. thanx
Old 09-08-2009, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

cold start may not be related to spark plug issue..

I got OEM spark plugs and filter.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C6AUDIA6
whats up everyone i have a 2005 a6 3.2v6 and its time for new spark plugs and air filter cuz i get a small shake in the morning cold starts any sug. on what kind plugs and filter to buy. thanx
I just did my 55k service and it still gets the morning shakes for about 20 seconds and then it disappears. It's not the plugs or the filter.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts
Default The "morning" shakes during the few seconds of a cold start are systematic ...

of the FSI engine. When I took my '06 A6 in check against a TSB for rough idle during cold startup, the SA informed me that that is the reason for slight rough idle. Once my idle drops back to normal RPM, its smooth as silk. Just ensure that the ECM software has been updated per Audi Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) #24–08–23, which states that ECM software version is at least 0020 or higher.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by r1racer
I just did my 55k service and it still gets the morning shakes for about 20 seconds and then it disappears. It's not the plugs or the filter.
HEY WHATS UP GUYS I JUST PUT IN NEW SPARK PLUGS IN TODAY AND IT SAT FOR ABOUT 6HRS AT WORK WITHOUT START AND NO MORE SHAKE AT IDLE, THE OLD PLUGS HAVEN'T BEEN CHANGED SINCE THE CAR WAS BOUGHT THEY WERE KINDA RUFF LOOKING LOL. WELL THANKS FOR THE HELP.

P.S. THE JOB WAS FAIRLY EASY WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS JUST NEEDED TO TAKE OFF THE AIR BOX AND COOLANT TANK FOR WORKING SPACE. I'M GOING TO BUY THE K&N AIR FILTER NEXT.(B.T.W THE DEALER WANTED $280 FOR PARTS AND LABOR I PAID $50 DO IT YOUR SELF.) IF ANY QUESTIONS ON CHANGING YOURS LET ME KNOW I'LL WALK YOU THROUGH IT.

1 MORE QUESTION THOUGH... Does anyone know where the cabin air filter is located at ? thanks
Old 09-15-2009, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cabin air filter is behind the center stack between the climate controls and the firewall. You have to take the glove box off (the whole thing, not just the door) and then you can access it.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What brand and type are the OEM plugs for the 06 FSI 3.2.

Also..since I never knowingly use the recirulation air, one would think the filter would be virtually unused? hmmm
Old 09-15-2009, 07:03 PM
RDD
AudiWorld Senior Member

Check the sticky at the top of the page re: 55k DIY service.

I think he changed the cabin air filter without pulling the glove box apart.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C6AUDIA6
HEY WHATS UP GUYS I JUST PUT IN NEW SPARK PLUGS IN TODAY AND IT SAT FOR ABOUT 6HRS AT WORK WITHOUT START AND NO MORE SHAKE AT IDLE, THE OLD PLUGS HAVEN'T BEEN CHANGED SINCE THE CAR WAS BOUGHT THEY WERE KINDA RUFF LOOKING LOL. WELL THANKS FOR THE HELP.

P.S. THE JOB WAS FAIRLY EASY WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS JUST NEEDED TO TAKE OFF THE AIR BOX AND COOLANT TANK FOR WORKING SPACE. I'M GOING TO BUY THE K&N AIR FILTER NEXT.(B.T.W THE DEALER WANTED $280 FOR PARTS AND LABOR I PAID $50 DO IT YOUR SELF.) IF ANY QUESTIONS ON CHANGING YOURS LET ME KNOW I'LL WALK YOU THROUGH IT.

1 MORE QUESTION THOUGH... Does anyone know where the cabin air filter is located at ? thanks
Look at the 55k sticky at the top of the forum. You DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT remove the glove box or door to change them. It's simple and should only take about 10 minutes to do. Make sure you get two filters.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

The oem spark plugs are the NGK on easy to find online for about $12-$13 per plug the dealer wanted $108 for 6 do the math, yeah i just found out the cabin air filter can be changed without removing the door just a plastic cover under(passanger side) where the light is for your feet.

Quick Reply: SPARK PLUG CHANGE NEED SUG.