A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Thoughts on the A7 on the home page...like it....not like it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on the A7 on the home page...like it....not like it?

I was a little dissapointed with the A5 actual look compared to the Nuvolari short video that has floated around. A lot of the distinguishing features on that video does not appear to have made it to the production car but maybe it was being left for the S5 instead (like the flared fenders). So I don't want to get all excited about this rendition of the A7 before the real photos come out.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm not feeling it. The CLS isn't all that great for carrying people in the back with regards

to headroom and ducking around the C pillar to climb in an out. For somebody who wants a coupe and rarely carries people but needs the extra doors once in a while, it's probably perfect;-)
Old 02-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Cat Herder

Default me either. hopefully the final product proportions looks less like a 300C than that.

I don't understand the tdi aversion either.
Doesn't the american market love torque? Is AoA really in tune with their target demographic?

I'll definitely test-drive one though, but I'm not giving my A6 up for one based on the info so far.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hard to sell diesels in CA and the Northeast

No diesel currently meets the new emission standards for passenger cars in these regions, even with low sulfur fuel. The Bluetec technology based on urea, the main component of urine, will skate by until California decides to tighten even further.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I hear ya AV. When the CLS first came out I saw a ton of them in So. OC

but then they almost dissapeared. Maybe I'm not paying attention to them anymore or whatever but I hope Audi doesn't fall into the same hole. And pierreb is right it does kind of look a little 300 C"ish" doesn't it?

Oh well, we'll see what happens when the final version comes out I guess. All I know is I'm sticking to my A6 as well.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Cat Herder

Default ya but...that's what Bluetec is for.

In 2004, Margo Oge, Head of the Office of Transportation and Air Quality at the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) noted that:

<i>If we had a light duty vehicle population that was one third diesels, that could save up to 1.4 million barrels of oil per day in the US, the amount of oil the US currently imports from Saudi Arabia. If we made these vehicles diesel hybrids, the oil savings would about double or up to 2 times the amount of oil Saudi Arabia ships to the US every day.</i>

So much potential. High performance cars with the promise of less foreign oil dependence, how is that not the cornerstone of every Audi commercial?????

I want Audi to live up to its claimed Diesel leadership...L E A D !!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 10:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's just a photoshop. Believe that it will look substantially different.

Think more Aston Martin/Porsche than Mercedes for the 4 door coupe look (wishful thinking).

How did Bentley make the rear of the continental OK for NBA players apparently (and I'm not referring to Spud Webb-type guys).
Old 02-12-2007, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Not sure about this four-door coupe hype created by MB...

I think the A6 already has coupe-like proportions without the strange looking (to my eyes) rear end and compromised rear seat space of the CLS.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bluetec = urea = ****

There are some rumblings that Bluetec may not be completely approved in all states unless the car companies install safety measures to ensure that cars won't run unless the urea solution is replaced every 10K miles or so. Whether relieving yourself into the engine can address this issue is unclear. Just kidding about the last part, at least partly kidding.

Also that quote is an oversimplification. Diesels put out quite a bit more SO2 than gasoline engines, even with low sulfur fuel and Bluetec technology, but less CO2. However, the net output for even clean diesels is generally considered more toxic, hence the great difficulty diesel companies have in meeting U.S. environmental standards. For example, the BMW 3 series actually is considered a PZEV. There is no diesel anywhere near that level of low emissions.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default With respect to rear seat comfort the article on AW says:

"The vehicle has been designed specifically with rear occupant comfort in mind - a noteworthy differentiator from the traditional luxury coupe."

If it turns out that way...I'm looking at an S7 in 2010 to replace the S6 when it comes off lease!

Audi interior designers are pretty good....if they really are cognizant of the backseat issues, I'll bet they come up with a good solution.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the A7 on the home page...like it....not like it?