A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011
Old 09-06-2016, 11:30 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C6) Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Trunk latch problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 01:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 892 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by haha bye
and according to pierreb there is a fix with some sort of lube that doesnt require replacement of the latch...care to chime in pierre?
Lube only works for a short period of time (a couple of months). The only permanent fix is the new latch.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by am_ver
I think pierreb has the exact same problem.
I bought a latch, but haven't installed it yet. Around $50 iirc.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

whats the newest and updated part number for this latch?
Old 12-03-2009, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just had the same issues and mine was replaced by the dealer under warranty.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm getting irritated with this and ordered the lock. The dealer wants $350 for install and parts. I want to do it my self...can someone with bentley manual post or email me the procedure (tambaymuna at gmail .com)Thanks.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Bringing this thread back from the dead. The issues went away for a while after winter so I figured it was the cold weather but now its the middle of summer and it came back. The trunk does not close every single time I open it. Unreal

Can someone verify that the new update trunk latch design has a part number of 4F5-827-505-D

Thanks
Old 08-24-2010, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

just had mine done. couldn't take it anymore. at a wedding, parked right in front of everyone, we had been asked to take some gifts home for the bride... and there I was, dressed to the nines, with a sparkling clean A6- and a friggin trunk that would not close. grrrr.
so, looking at my service invoice the part number is 4F5-827-505-D, this was just done 8/10 so I have to believe it is the most current.
now, I had this done under my CPO warranty, BUT, this winter when I first experienced the problem I purchased a latch that I kept in the car in case I got caught and the trunk would not close.
I still have this, and the part number matches.
haha bye, pm me if you want it. n/c.
this is so frustrating and annoying (and embarrassing) I'd be happy to help you out.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by haha bye
The second it gets cold out the trunk latch stops latching. the electronics work fine and the solenoid works fine it just doesn't actually latch and the trunk wont close sometimes. Im not sure if this is common.... any input?
Common problem, replace the latch or have your dealer do it. I got mine from genuineaudiparts.com and it took ABOUT 20 MINUTES TO REPLACE.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by LT2BLT2A6
just had mine done. couldn't take it anymore. at a wedding, parked right in front of everyone, we had been asked to take some gifts home for the bride... and there I was, dressed to the nines, with a sparkling clean A6- and a friggin trunk that would not close. grrrr.
so, looking at my service invoice the part number is 4F5-827-505-D, this was just done 8/10 so I have to believe it is the most current.
now, I had this done under my CPO warranty, BUT, this winter when I first experienced the problem I purchased a latch that I kept in the car in case I got caught and the trunk would not close.
this is so frustrating and annoying (and embarrassing) I'd be happy to help you out.
Check your PM. I may be interested in the extra latch you have there.
Thanks
Old 10-09-2010, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LT2BLT2A6
Out of curiosity, how much did your dealer charge for this? I know there's not a price under CPO, but can you give me an idea of how much labor was involved?

Lee

Quick Reply: Trunk latch problem