A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011
Old 09-06-2016, 11:23 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C6) Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Turn Signal Light Out + No High Brake Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal Light Out + No High Brake Lights

Is this a bad relay? Anyone know where the fuse is for the rear turn signal light(s)? Anyone have a guide for the boot fuse bank?

About a month ago my 2005 A6 C6 3.2 lights started to err out. First the computer said that the Day Running Light was out. Then it said the rear brake light was out. My wife checked and all lights appeared to be good. The computer kept saying the same thing.

Then 2 weeks later the computer said that the turn signal was not working and, in fact, it was not working. And, the break lights refused to highlight on ds rear.

Long story short, I replaced the bulbs and got the same results. I have been looking for a fuse for these bulbs on both the left and right front dash fuse banks. Nothing of the fuse bank panel descriptors say "turn signal" so I looked at the fuse bank in the boot / trunk. There is no explanation of the fuse bank on the panel.

Much thanks in advance.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You most likely have to replace the entire tail light assembley. It's not the bulbs it's the L.E.D.s that are shot. Check ebay for one. You should be able to get one for 50-100 bucks instead of paying dealer price.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by r1racer
You most likely have to replace the entire tail light assembley. It's not the bulbs it's the L.E.D.s that are shot. Check ebay for one. You should be able to get one for 50-100 bucks instead of paying dealer price.

But they're not LED bulbs. They're regular incandescants.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by hotm6654@hotmail.com
But they're not LED bulbs. They're regular incandescants.
If you are talking about taillights, they have both. The L.E.D.s are for the brake and turn signal. I just had the same problem (turn signal/brake light in dash). I replaced the taillight asembly and everything is fine. Maybe your issue is different.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The 2005 has both assembly - regular and LED's for the tail light assy. Sounds like OP has non-LED version.

Sounds to me that the entire assembly is having problems ..
Old 08-08-2011, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I thought ALL C6 models have the same taillight. Incadescents and L.E.D.s both in the assembly.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by r1racer
I thought ALL C6 models have the same taillight. Incadescents and L.E.D.s both in the assembly.
No - I recently found this out. A friend of mine has 2005 C6 and was having tail light problems (we replaced the entire assy) - called rector parts dept (audipartsnationwide) and was told about 2 part numbers (different price) - one LED and other not. Turned out my friend needed the LED version.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by am_ver
No - I recently found this out. A friend of mine has 2005 C6 and was having tail light problems (we replaced the entire assy) - called rector parts dept (audipartsnationwide) and was told about 2 part numbers (different price) - one LED and other not. Turned out my friend needed the LED version.
I opened up the back on the driver side and I have six incandescant bulbs about the same size. Three in the top row that are all clear white. They sit behind red plastic and should highlight when the brakes are pressed. Then I have 3 bulbs down below. Furthest to the left is a yellow bulb that will not light at all. Then there are 2 other incandescants. One lights up on reverse and the other just seems to stay lit.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is this a bad relay? Anyone know where the fuse is for the rear turn signal light(s)? Anyone have a guide for the boot fuse bank?

About a month ago my 2005 A6 C6 3.2 lights started to err out. First the computer said that the Day Running Light was out. Then it said the rear brake light was out. My wife checked and all lights appeared to be good. The computer kept saying the same thing.

Then 2 weeks later the computer said that the turn signal was not working and, in fact, it was not working. And, the break lights refused to highlight on ds rear.

Long story short, I replaced the bulbs and got the same results. I have been looking for a fuse for these bulbs on both the left and right front dash fuse banks. Nothing of the fuse bank panel descriptors say "turn signal" so I looked at the fuse bank in the boot / trunk. There is no explanation of the fuse bank on the panel.

Much thanks in advance.
BTW, I found the fuse bank schema for 2005 C6.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Audi A6 Rear Fuse Panel.pdf (301.4 KB, 1251 views)
Old 08-09-2011, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

BTW, I found the fuse bank schema for 2005 C6.
Additionally, the fuse panel details are on the fuse panel cover as well. The map shows the numbers and there is a table which indicates which number represents what. The C6 has 3 fuse banks..One on the driver side - where the door meets the dash. Second on the passenger side dash (same as driver side) and the third in the trunk next to the tool kit.

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Light Out + No High Brake Lights