A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Where to get MMI cd's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by r1racer
Yes, I got them fron genuineaudiparts.com. They are only 5 bucks each. If you can't find them on the website email them letting them know you need these two CD's asuming your version is lower than 33.? something.

4F0 906 961 AB
4L0 906 961 H

My reasoning for not upgrading is I don't want to buy a newer nav cd as my current version is 4.
Luckily when I got my 2006 A6 4.2L last week, it had Nav V.5 so I was good to go on the MMI Update. I bought from the above vendor, and got them today. The install per the sticky on the boards went flawlessly. It took about two hours total. I like the available addition of Altitude in the NAV display, but the best feature of upgrading the MMI?: No More Lawyer Liability Screen on startup! YAY!
Old 08-30-2009, 12:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just checked to see what version my Nav DVD is, and Im at Ver4. My Luck, does anyone have the part numbers for the lastest MMI US Nav DVD?

Thanks,
Nick
Old 08-30-2009, 12:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You can get them direct from navteq.com too. About the same price unless a stealer would give you a discount. Lol
Old 08-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by scooter80
You can get them direct from navteq.com too. About the same price unless a stealer would give you a discount. Lol
The nav DVDs that is
Old 08-31-2009, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Upgrade from 11.9.0 (1190) to 41.4.0 (4140) went great!!!

Hey all,
Thanks for your help, I just finished the upgrade a minute ago. For me on an 2006 A6 took over two hours. The First Disk has to upgrade the DSP in two stages (very common for firmware on computers). My system told me that the "DSP was not OK" on the first time updating. (don't get scared) That is why you have to run the First disk twice (if update from 1190). If I am not mistaken, I believe that is the shifting program.

After that first disk is done, i was at 3360 (33.6.0). The second disk seems like feature upgrades mostly. MMI entertainment mostly.

All and all, very painless. BTW, I did have a 2 amp battery charger around, hooked it up and running the updates.

Special Thanks to scooter80, you are the man. And I owe you.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My pleasure helping. I was scared to do mine too, considering the $2,000 plus charge to fix a broken one, but it turned out easy and got rid of the dreaded liability screen... Now if only I could get the MMI to display NAV Map on startup instead of the route entry screen. I hate having to click any extra buttons... Oh well, it beats the safety screen anyways!

Glad yours went well too.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by scooter80
My pleasure helping. I was scared to do mine too, considering the $2,000 plus charge to fix a broken one, but it turned out easy and got rid of the dreaded liability screen... Now if only I could get the MMI to display NAV Map on startup instead of the route entry screen. I hate having to click any extra buttons... Oh well, it beats the safety screen anyways!

Glad yours went well too.

Hi... I'm new to this forum and would like to update mine as well. I'm assuming you need a vag-com? I'm seeing a bunch of them in ebay but now sure which one I need. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tambay
Hi... I'm new to this forum and would like to update mine as well. I'm assuming you need a vag-com? I'm seeing a bunch of them in ebay but now sure which one I need. Thanks.

No, I don't have a vag-com (yet). I think you only need that to update the service record in the car to indicate that you have updated the MMI.

BTW, TO ALL. This is not a scary task at all. In fact, after going through the process, and seeing all the screens. It's almost flawless. That is coming from a network guy. There is software checks all the way through the process. So the only thing I can see that can go wrong, is you lose power during the process. Hook up a $20 battery charger, and you will be fine.

IMO. Even if you did lose power, then all I can see, is that current ROM chip being updated during power loss would be non-functional. But go through the process again, the update program should delete the ROM again and re-flash the software again.

The first task 1/5 is the one that can miss you up bad. That is the task that updates the CD ROM and interface, and 2/5 is the one that updates the MMI. Those are the only two I can see that can cause BIG problems in the event of a power loss. But again $20!

Thanks,
Nick
Old 09-01-2009, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nickmind
No, I don't have a vag-com (yet). I think you only need that to update the service record in the car to indicate that you have updated the MMI.

BTW, TO ALL. This is not a scary task at all. In fact, after going through the process, and seeing all the screens. It's almost flawless. That is coming from a network guy. There is software checks all the way through the process. So the only thing I can see that can go wrong, is you lose power during the process. Hook up a $20 battery charger, and you will be fine.

IMO. Even if you did lose power, then all I can see, is that current ROM chip being updated during power loss would be non-functional. But go through the process again, the update program should delete the ROM again and re-flash the software again.

The first task 1/5 is the one that can miss you up bad. That is the task that updates the CD ROM and interface, and 2/5 is the one that updates the MMI. Those are the only two I can see that can cause BIG problems in the event of a power loss. But again $20!

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks for the reply Nick... so how do you update using the cd? Through the nav dvd player or the CD player? Sorry I'm just new to Audi and just learning the ropes.
And can some tell me what version I have and what disk I need to buy

Thanks
Old 09-01-2009, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have version 11.90. If you buy the 2 disks, and follow the instructions on the sticky posts at the top of this forum, you'll be fine. I did mine without a battery charger - just left the car running (Sorry ozone layer!).

Quick Reply: Where to get MMI cd's?