A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Drive/Ride Concern

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Since you are still covered by an extended warranty, why don’t you just bring the car to the dealer and have the dealer go to town fixing everything and sticking it to the extended warranty company?
unfortunately I have taken it to them repeatedly and have been told “it’s operating to manufacturers standards and no codes found”

It burns me up because when it comes to having a tech ride with me all of a sudden it’s oh no can’t do that no time but everything’s works like it should!
Old 03-11-2019, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by Cody Benson

unfortunately I have taken it to them repeatedly and have been told “it’s operating to manufacturers standards and no codes found”

It burns me up because when it comes to having a tech ride with me all of a sudden it’s oh no can’t do that no time but everything’s works like it should!
I hate when that happens.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary

I hate when that happens.

its honestly been a pretty much constant thing. It’s getting to where I don’t want to drive the car because the vibration is so severe. You can feel in just sitting in the seat, especially in the floor board. it’s bad.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

My friend's 2012 Audi A7 with 65k miles had that severe vibration at idle that you feel in seat and floorboards. He had my dealership replace motor mounts under extended warranty and its now smooth. Gotta get those replaced asap. If your current dealership isnt expert enough and keep denying it, take to another good reputable Audi dealership and show the tech.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Baloo588
My friend's 2012 Audi A7 with 65k miles had that severe vibration at idle that you feel in seat and floorboards. He had my dealership replace motor mounts under extended warranty and its now smooth. Gotta get those replaced asap. If your current dealership isnt expert enough and keep denying it, take to another good reputable Audi dealership and show the tech.

Scheduled it to go into dealership again. Mentioned to them that I have been searching forums and that all signs are pointing to the motor mounts.

Hopefully they will get everything straightened out and end the terrible vibration 😶
Old 03-21-2019, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Silly question,

occasionally even during normal daily weather, I intermittently get an error message in the cluster for ; stability program fault message and acc and Audi braking guard disabled following. Could these be tied in at all with engine mounts?

thanks in advance everyone.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Silly question,

occasionally even during normal daily weather, I intermittently get an error message in the cluster for ; stability program fault message and acc and Audi braking guard disabled following. Could these be tied in at all with engine mounts?

thanks in advance everyone.
Very unlikely. Those are part of a different system and could be just a glitch and needs to be reset.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So far car has been at the shop for two days, only thing they have found out of the ordinary is passenger side wheel bearing making noise/loose.

no answer yet as to vibration during idle/acceleration
Old 06-28-2019, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Quick update, the only thing they “found” was a failed right front strut and wheel bearing...

so so far the same exact issue persists.

For roughly a year I have had some concerns with the shifting wether it be up or down. Harsh, delayed, laggy, ect... however, Yesterday I had something extremely concerning happen, while driving home from work I was driving in regular automatic comfort, and when slowing and allowing the car to just coast/downshift it slammed down in gear so hard it quite honestly felt like someone had rear ended me badly. I’d say it was probably from 4-3 or 3-2 has anyone experience anything similar?

Thanks in advance everyone!
Old 06-29-2019, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quick update, the only thing they “found” was a failed right front strut and wheel bearing...

so so far the same exact issue persists.

For roughly a year I have had some concerns with the shifting wether it be up or down. Harsh, delayed, laggy, ect... however, Yesterday I had something extremely concerning happen, while driving home from work I was driving in regular automatic comfort, and when slowing and allowing the car to just coast/downshift it slammed down in gear so hard it quite honestly felt like someone had rear ended me badly. I’d say it was probably from 4-3 or 3-2 has anyone experience anything similar?

Thanks in advance everyone!
I had that problem on my 2016 A7 at 40k miles last summer and it was bad mechatronic (gearbox) which was replaced under warranty along with new transmission. Im at 53k miles now and it shifts smooth as silk and downshifts nicely in normal and dynamic modes

Quick Reply: A7 Drive/Ride Concern