A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

sorry for teh total NOOB question changing form H&R springs to ST coil overs....

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sorry for the NOOB question changing from H&R springs to ST coil overs....

What else will I need?

I see ECS sells a cup/coilover install kit for $500 and $600... do I need this? If the car already has H&R springs I'm assuming the coilovers will be a fairly simple drop in replacement... but I know what happens when I assume things LOL and there isnt a "U" that will be there helping only a "ME" so it is a double helping of "A$$" for me LOL

I'm sure I should at a minimum replace the topside strut bearings correct?

a couple other questions, one reason I liked the idea of the coil overs was the adjustable ride height, at least in my mind I could see myself raising the suspension as high as possible before winter to give as much clearance for ice chunks in the road etc, and then when I put summer tires back on dropping it back down to a lower stance for a better look with the summers.
Do I need to do an alignment each time I adjust the height like this? if so that might change my thoughts on ever adjusting the ride height... how do allroads get around it?

Also I'm looking for suggestions I found out that my floor jack is too tall, I ave a puck on it to prevent damage to the crimp weld and there is 100% no way it will fit under the car with that on it, and with out the puck I can just catch the edge of the pad under the foot well on the drivers or passenger side. Is there a good low profile floor jack that wont break the bank?

Are there any good low profile ramps? I have 2 sets of ramps but neither will come close to fitting under the car LOL to get my car up on jack stands I used some 1x6 and stacked 1 then 2 then 3 in front of each wheel after 3 I could get the jack under each side and get the car up on the stands, but this was very hinky and not a good solution LOL

Bill

Last edited by bilbo6209; 09-09-2015 at 08:12 PM.