A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Hidden Features & Nuisances

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hidden Features & Nuisances

Just wanted to share some things I observed:

* A7 seems to have Hill-Hold assist. I was driving and noticed I couldn't press the brakes because the brake pressure seemed to be used up. When I tapped accelerator pedal, the brakes released by themselves! Seems like hill-hold feature to me except that its automatic.

* Seems like Gas door release locks by itself, and unlocks certain times. I almost thought it sucked that you couldn't lock it since people can steal gas otherwise.

* One time I didn't have any reception, and after 10-15 minutes or so, MMI screen rolled back and I got a message "Operation not possible, MMI is switched off"... songs were still playing though. Seems like a Bug with MMI.

Anyone else want to share cool little feature or annoyance bugs?
Old 04-02-2012, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ambarsaria
Just wanted to share some things I observed:

* A7 seems to have Hill-Hold assist. I was driving and noticed I couldn't press the brakes because the brake pressure seemed to be used up. When I tapped accelerator pedal, the brakes released by themselves! Seems like hill-hold feature to me except that its automatic.

* Seems like Gas door release locks by itself, and unlocks certain times. I almost thought it sucked that you couldn't lock it since people can steal gas otherwise.

* One time I didn't have any reception, and after 10-15 minutes or so, MMI screen rolled back and I got a message "Operation not possible, MMI is switched off"... songs were still playing though. Seems like a Bug with MMI.

Anyone else want to share cool little feature or annoyance bugs?
As to your first issue, supposedly there is a few seconds where the car will not roll back (a hill assist feature). I saw this on a dealer test drive video on youtube. After a few seconds the car started to move. Can't speak to the other issues as I don't take delivery until May. Enjoy your ride!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that the fuel filler door locks when the car doors are locked and unlocks when the doors are unlocked.

My pet peeve is that if you have the car in reverse and open the driver's door, the parking brake engages. I do that all the time when looking for the painted lines in my parking garage. Kind of annoying.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The only minor nuisance I can think of off the top of my head is the inability to turn the radio off. It's pretty much a habit now, but having to switch to an empty media slot to "turn the radio off" before I park the car for the night is a little annoying.

First world problems, I know.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

My pet peeve is you have to push the parking assist button on when pulling forward (such as in the garage) to park. It should be automatic.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carljones11
My pet peeve is you have to push the parking assist button on when pulling forward (such as in the garage) to park. It should be automatic.
That would be really annoying at stoplights, or ANY stop and go traffic
Old 04-05-2012, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not an issue with the Lexus I had. Shouldn't be an issue with the Audi either.

A feature I'm really enjoying is "online destinations". I've used several times now to get me to places I don't have in my contacts & it has worked very well.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was going to say the same thing, my Lexus had it -- even though it would occasionally go off in slow speed when someone was too close to you, it always was convenient when you were at a stop a pedestrian decided to squeeze through cars that you might not have otherwise noticed.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by i1800collect
The only minor nuisance I can think of off the top of my head is the inability to turn the radio off. It's pretty much a habit now, but having to switch to an empty media slot to "turn the radio off" before I park the car for the night is a little annoying.

First world problems, I know.
You can press the power-button of the radio (volume control ****) and that will mute it. It's like turning it off. You can also press the volume control scroll-wheel at your steering wheel to do the same.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ambarsaria
You can press the power-button of the radio (volume control ****) and that will mute it. It's like turning it off. You can also press the volume control scroll-wheel at your steering wheel to do the same.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm aware of and use the mute function every so often during my commute, but I've found that muting the radio before parking the car for the night does not necessary (if ever) result in the radio remaining mute when I go to start the car the next morning. For some odd reason the radio just seems to forget that it was muted the night before.

This issue coupled with the inability to just turn the radio off altogether has resulted in the car scaring the bejesus out of me on more than one morning..

Quick Reply: Hidden Features & Nuisances