A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

LED Headlights - Light Malfunction.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Will do feralc. I've only got 22k on mine. The only other problems I have similar to yours are inconsistency with the MMI screen speed and the jerky tranny in the lower gears.

I've brought the tranny issues to my dealer in a prior visit and they told me there was nothing wrong so who knows. My warranty is up in May so may just take it to another dealer with that issue before then.

I will also check my statement on the headlight module, because if it shows it being a TSB for the 12 models, they should be able to take care of it before it arises.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just had my car in for rear brakes at 37K mi. Dealer automatically performed TCM update 37J1 which became available in early Dec. It appears to have fixed the jerky transmission problem at low speed. Also appears to eliminate the slight throttle hesitation. Time will tell.

In the past I've also replaced under warranty:
- Pass seat airbag sensor
- Headlight control module
- Pass and driver lumbar support mechanisms (clicking when pushing back on seat)
Old 01-05-2015, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BasicSlvr
Just had my car in for rear brakes at 37K mi. Dealer automatically performed TCM update 37J1 which became available in early Dec. It appears to have fixed the jerky transmission problem at low speed. Also appears to eliminate the slight throttle hesitation. Time will tell.
Hmm is this supposed to be an update they perform whenever a car goes in for anything or did you mention the jerky trans?
Old 01-05-2015, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Glacier6
Hmm is this supposed to be an update they perform whenever a car goes in for anything or did you mention the jerky trans?
Glacier, no I didn't mention the transmission during this service. Had mentioned it in the past. I believe they're updating unsolicited as the cars come in for other services. (apparently just like the past steering update)
Old 01-05-2015, 07:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BasicSlvr

In the past I've also replaced under warranty:
- Pass seat airbag sensor
- Headlight control module
- Pass and driver lumbar support mechanisms (clicking when pushing back on seat)
I brought the lumbar support too and they said it was normal, the loaner A6 did the same so I kind of swallowed the pill, please tell me what they did to fix it so I can add it to the "bucket list"
Old 01-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys I started another thread where we can put everything besides the LED headlight problem
Old 01-06-2015, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Alright feralc, just picked her up and luckily they did the TCM update without me asking. Definitely feel an improvement in the jerkiness in lower gears.

As far as the light module replacement out of warranty....$300 for the part plus about $190 in labor. There wasn't a TSB associated with it either, unfortunately.

Edit: Actually, the jerkiness issue only appears to have been resolved in D mode

Last edited by Glacier6; 01-06-2015 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok so this interesting and concerning for me at least. It seems most of you have had a module in the actual headlight replaced....

FP-NUMBER: 4G0-907-472-C
DESCRIPTION: POWER MOD

My dealer replaced part 4G0-941-531-H, which is the actual dial you use to turn the lights from on, off, auto, etc. It's part #9 in the diagram in this link 2012 Audi A6 Quattro Parts - Audi Genuine Parts & Accessories eStore
Old 09-13-2016, 09:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lately this problem have occurred on mine too at random times when activating the low-beam led lights. Some days/weeks there are no issues, then the problem come back and disappears after short while. The lights still work when the warning shows up. Had the car for a scan, and it showed something wrong with the right side low-beam. Can it be the LED bulb that soon needs to be replaced, or is it a higher possibility that the control module is defective/damaged?
Anyone else had the same problem and want to share?
Old 09-13-2016, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman22
Can it be the LED bulb that soon needs to be replaced, or is it a higher possibility that the control module is defective/damaged?
Anyone else had the same problem and want to share?
Since the LEDs are still lit, I would hazard a guess that the problem lies in the ancillary equipment. LEDs loose brilliance over time, resisters, capacitors, etc. used in voltage regulation fail suddenly.

Quick Reply: LED Headlights - Light Malfunction.