A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

MMI at startup

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI at startup

Can anyone explain why the MMI startup sequence is different each time you get in the car? This morning when I start the car, the MMI had to completely initialize. It probably took 2-3 minutes before all was up and running. I stopped at a client for 20 minutes. When I restart the car, it's immediately up and running. Does anyone else experience this?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A5Owner
Can anyone explain why the MMI startup sequence is different each time you get in the car? This morning when I start the car, the MMI had to completely initialize. It probably took 2-3 minutes before all was up and running. I stopped at a client for 20 minutes. When I restart the car, it's immediately up and running. Does anyone else experience this?
System will turn off over a long period of time. On short trips, it will always come up faster, because its in a suspend mode sort of. If it were to stay active overnight, it would eventually kill your battery, as the system draws quite a bit of power. Also keep in mind, the MMI uses a special automotive hard drive, like in a laptop, so in the morning or after sitting for hours, its like basically booting itself up like a laptop from a complete off state.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ezveedub
System will turn off over a long period of time. On short trips, it will always come up faster, because its in a suspend mode sort of. If it were to stay active overnight, it would eventually kill your battery, as the system draws quite a bit of power. Also keep in mind, the MMI uses a special automotive hard drive, like in a laptop, so in the morning or after sitting for hours, its like basically booting itself up like a laptop from a complete off state.

I know but damn, i have the same problem, the system is just too slow to boot up.

Also anyone ever notice how slow the system is to render clear picture when in Google earth navigation map view. It takes so long on my car to a clear picture, especially when the car is moving.

I know i know, its only as fast as the T-mobile network.

Quite frankly, i really don't care, i have Google earth on my $399.99 iPhone and it renders a clear picture much quicker that the Google earth system in the $73,000.00 A7
Old 01-23-2012, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevial
I know but damn, i have the same problem, the system is just too slow to boot up.

Also anyone ever notice how slow the system is to render clear picture when in Google earth navigation map view. It takes so long on my car to a clear picture, especially when the car is moving.

I know i know, its only as fast as the T-mobile network.

Quite frankly, i really don't care, i have Google earth on my $399.99 iPhone and it renders a clear picture much quicker that the Google earth system in the $73,000.00 A7
I am pretty sure your iphone doesn't have AWD.