A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Stasis flash ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are most of you getting the exhaust system with the Stasis flash? Has anyone just gotten the flash with no exhaust? Wondering if the performance gains are still very noticeable?
Old 04-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chipping the car with ANY tune, not just Stasis, will give you the most gains for the money, then when you add exhaust and intake you get more obviously but not as much as the original gain.
In order of bang for the buck is:
1 chip tunning
2 intake
3 exhaust
Old 04-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default reset oil change at dealer

Originally Posted by feralc
Chipping the car with ANY tune, not just Stasis, will give you the most gains for the money, then when you add exhaust and intake you get more obviously but not as much as the original gain.
In order of bang for the buck is:
1 chip tunning
2 intake
3 exhaust
any one do an oil change at dealer and they using scaner to reset?
my dealer say scan tool they are using to reset on board computer will see after market software and put out code TD1
is it correct???
Old 04-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by a7 stasis
any one do an oil change at dealer and they using scaner to reset?
my dealer say scan tool they are using to reset on board computer will see after market software and put out code TD1
is it correct???
That is totally false, the Audi computer is not hooked to the car unless there is some warranty claim, why? Because Audi does not reimburse the dealer for that labor time if there is no warranty issues, the oil reset thing is different it is just maintenance, I "think" you can actually reset it yourself in the MMI but I am not sure.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I wish I could drive a Stasis tuned 7 and a regular one. Tough to figure out if its worth the 1,500 dollars. I drove a wrx then an STi when I was younger. If it was like that performance jump, it would definitely be worth the money.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marchetta070
I wish I could drive a Stasis tuned 7 and a regular one. Tough to figure out if its worth the 1,500 dollars. I drove a wrx then an STi when I was younger. If it was like that performance jump, it would definitely be worth the money.
Mine is GIAC not Stasis, My guess is they are pretty similar, historically GIAC has been a little more aggressive with their tunes but Stasis acquired Revo (according to many posts) so I think they are about the same, but mine is SO fast, with the exhaust and the intake I am sure it is as fast as an A7.
Watch the videos in these threads
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2845930&page=2

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2835086&page=5
Old 05-14-2013, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A u d i A5
Has anyone done the Stasis ECU flash on a 2013 A7? I went to my local Audi/Stasis dealer today to have them send out my ECU to Stasis for the flash. They contacted Stasis with my VIN and Stasis said it's not available for my VIN/ECU yet. I know some of you guys with 2012's have it, just curious if anyone else with a 2013 has tried yet.
Another question fellas.. I e-mailed my Stasis/Audi dealer about the ECU flash on a leased vehicle.. yet to hear from them, but the suspense is killing me! Anyone know if it flags the vehicle and effects the lease? Fingers crossed!

Last edited by Omnipotent; 05-14-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Everyone in the forum makes the Stasis upgrade sound so easy. We have 2 Audi dealers in Dallas and neither one will do the upgrade. There is an authorized Stasis dealer here but i am concerned about warranty as well as the Audi dealer accidentally resetting the ECU. Am I worried about nothing? I really want to do this upgrade.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jjA7
Everyone in the forum makes the Stasis upgrade sound so easy. We have 2 Audi dealers in Dallas and neither one will do the upgrade. There is an authorized Stasis dealer here but i am concerned about warranty as well as the Audi dealer accidentally resetting the ECU. Am I worried about nothing? I really want to do this upgrade.
No problem with them doing the flash. I understand the warranty...After the flash Audi drops the powertrain warranty and Stasis picks it up till 50,000 miles. My question is after the flash will my vehicle be flagged and effect my lease deal?
Old 05-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Howdy

My car is at the dealer now -- I'm doing the ECU and Sway Bar. I already have the exhaust.

I've done quite a bit of research. I keep my eye on this forum.

First, I would recommend contacting Stasis directly with your questions or concerns. I deal with Jack Spinella, he's wonderful.

The 3.0T engine is bullet proof. I'd be surprised if you had an issue. But there's no doubt about it. When you do the flash you're tinkering with engineering and with that comes risk.

Don't look to strangers for advice. Instead, listen to their experiences and separate the wheat from the chaffe. Read stuff here. Send PM's. Talk to Stasis. Talk to your dealer. Then it just comes down to you, what your comfort level is.

Now then. I have friends who are hardcore Audi heads. All of them have flashed their cars, some of them have gone as far as putting RS4 engines in B5, A4's. I don't know anyone who's had a problem.

For me, I'm a car guy. I'll f around with my cars. I have already.

My car has 18k miles to go under warranty, so that's a feel good for me. After that, assuming I still have the car and I most likely won't, I'm comfortable with the risk. I see the risk as minimal, btw.

For all the talk that goes on here about flashing, it just comes down to you doing the research and assessing what your comfort level is. Like I say. Call Jack at Stasis. I think he's a straight shooter. Or at least he's always been straight with me.

My dealer (Prestige in Denver) is a Stasis shop. They're more liberal than some. But all dealers are the same, in that they're like insurance companies. Only two things you need to know about insurance companies -- "sell premiums, deny claims".

If you have a power train problem, take it to the bank, that your dealer -- no matter how friendly or liberal you think they are -- will first look for reasons to blame your problem on Stasis. Then Stasis will deny that the problem had anything to do with them. But if the car is under warranty, it'll get worked out -- someone will end up paying for the claim.

I'm sure there's a Stasis horror story here somewhere, where something blew up and the car owner had problems. But remember. The truth is always somewhere in the middle. Call Stasis, ask them how many claims they've denied with this engine. It could have been just bad karma.

My take is that if Stasis was making a poor product, they wouldn't be in business. As far as I can tell, their customer satisfaction is off the charts, good. I know my experience has been great. But then again, I've not had a claim. You never know if anyone is any good or not until there's a problem.

There's not a lot of history to go by with the A7 flash, true. But the engine in the A7 is not new --it's a few years old now. My take is that if the flashes were not reliable, we'd have heard something by now.

A few more notes:
1. The Stasis warranty is somewhat confusing. They say "50k miles". But what that really means, is that once your car is past 50k miles, the Stasis warranty ends. Don't be confused like I was, that the Stasis warranty is + 50k to whatever mileage your car has.

2. You most likely won't be able to get an extended warranty with the Stasis tune installed. My guy in Denver tells me about a company that will sell an extended warranty with the Stasis gear installed, but it comes with a disclaimer. Extended warranties are insurance. So far every one I've bought was a waste of money. But some people like extended warranties and if you're one of them, factor that in to your decision.

3. Stasis gear will either help or hurt your resale value. Some folks will like that you've done it, so they don't have to. Hard core Audi types will most likely dig it. Others will not want the risk. But you can always return the car back to it's factory ECU. So if you want to sell the car as "stock", the dealer can re-flash the car back to stock.

4. The Stasis gear does not affect service. You know, if you take you car in for brakes or what not, that has nothing to do with Stasis. So no dealer should give you grief about that.

But if you take your car in for something power train related, yes, you could have to deal with some finger pointing. The dealer will want to point the finger at Stasis and vice versa. But as long as you take your car to the dealer where you installed your Stasis gear -- and the car is under warranty -- you should be fine. The dealer wants to sell you more cars, they don't want you unhappy with them.

####
So this is my experience so far.

I was going to quit posting here. But I had a change of heart. Decided to take what I like, leave the rest alone.

Originally Posted by A u d i A5
No problem with them doing the flash. I understand the warranty...After the flash Audi drops the powertrain warranty and Stasis picks it up till 50,000 miles. My question is after the flash will my vehicle be flagged and effect my lease deal?

Last edited by Gangee; 05-15-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Stasis flash ?