A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Stasis flash ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Score

Way to go.

Since I'm on a roll, I'll keep it going.

This by no means is a rag on S7 owners.

I sat in an S7.

The seats in the S7 are nice, sure. And the chrome mirrors are...chrome mirrors. But for me? Again, cars are fun to drive, but a waste of money. I look to spend the least, to get the most.

So the Stasis gear fills it for me.

And I've fixed up the stereo (see my base post) in my car. So if I was to get in an S7, I'd be downgrading my tunes!

So I've made this car mine. And I like that. Just like I did when I had a Plymouth Duster with a 340 Mopar. Just like I did when I had a 62 Chevy Nova, with push button gears. Or my 350 Chevy Blazer.

For me, a car is personal.

Psst. Here's what else I did.

I'm having them take off the A7 and 3.0T badges in the rear. I'm leaving the A7 badge off. I'm replacing the 3.0T badge with a Stasis badge. I'm also replacing the "Supercharged" badges with Stasis badges.

Bitchin.

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
Ok, this is probably the most egregious flip flop since Geowrge H.W. Bush's "read my lips, no new taxes pledge"!

Today I flip flopped my way right back to my Stasis tune. I read some of the replies from Feralc and Gangee and decided I liked their point of view way better than my own...so I said screw it!

Tomorrow I'll be the proud new owner of a Stasis flashed A7 and I'm super stoked about it. Got tired of the right brain (or is it the left?) winning out in all manner of things lately and it pissed me off.

So, count me in the ECU tune club, can't wait to share my thoughts and seat of the pants experience.

Ya know, with a flip flop this breathtaking in it's audacity, I figure I have a future in politics! Thanks for setting me straight guys!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, this is probably the most egregious flip flop since Geowrge H.W. Bush's "read my lips, no new taxes pledge"!

Today I flip flopped my way right back to my Stasis tune. I read some of the replies from Feralc and Gangee and decided I liked their point of view way better than my own...so I said screw it!

Tomorrow I'll be the proud new owner of a Stasis flashed A7 and I'm super stoked about it. Got tired of the right brain (or is it the left?) winning out in all manner of things lately and it pissed me off.

So, count me in the ECU tune club, can't wait to share my thoughts and seat of the pants experience.

Ya know, with a flip flop this breathtaking in it's audacity, I figure I have a future in politics! Thanks for setting me straight guys!
Way To go, you will not regret it it is night and day.
Answering your questions below, the Audi rep is right ONLY if you do a warranty claim that requires the Audi computer to be hooked to the car then you MIGHT be flagged (it is not certain actually nobody knows how this actually works, might be a background scan or it has to be manually initiated)
BUT if you don't need any warranty work that requires connecting the computer then you are fine.
Just tell them to not connect the Audi computer ever or ask you before doing it.
Why did I choose GIAC, well my car was the first A7 tuned in the US, Way before Stasis found the way of tuning these ECUs GIAC used mine for R&D and I don't regret a bit, warranty or not I am confident my car will outlived my worries.

I am sorry I opened the pandora box and pushed you to make a decision you didn't want to make, but trust me you will be so happy about it, you will not regret it.
Enjoy your tune., now exhaust intake, pulley, etc etc.

Last edited by feralc; 05-16-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Will Stasis or GIAC make a tune for the S7 model?
Old 05-17-2013, 05:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great answer Howdy. I have about 12K on the car right now. I may wait a little longer but I am convince....I'll do it.

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Sweet!

Just drove back from Denver with my new tune and sway bar.

Now that's, a car.

Two words.
Smooth
Power

A7 owners.
Got put the Stasis Exhaust, tune and sway bar in.
Then go for a drive.
Oh, baby!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gangee
Just drove back from Denver with my new tune and sway bar.

Now that's, a car.

Two words.
Smooth
Power

A7 owners.
Got put the Stasis Exhaust, tune and sway bar in.
Then go for a drive.
Oh, baby!
Do you also have the Stasis springs? I just did the Eibach's and was considering the Stasis sway bar as well. I believe at the moment Stasis is the only aftermarket sway bar available. Can it be purchased as a stand alone item or only part of the Touring package?

Congrats Gangee, how about some seat of the pants specifics on the before and after of the bar?

Thanks!

Last edited by tridentnyc; 05-17-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good morning tridentnyc,

Jack at Stasis said that because I have the Sport Suspension, the springs aren't needed. He said the SS already has springs -- or something like that.

I live in the mountains. Definite difference in the curves. The car just feels tighter. Not stiff tight, **** tight. Before, I'd get some body roll at 75mph + in the curves. Not now. I'm glad I did it. It also feels like there's more performance, when giving the car some juice in the curves.

You can buy anything from Stasis stand alone.

The bar was $500.00. The dealer charged me $480.00 to put it in. Jack at Stasis rated the install at 1 hour. The reason why it took 4 hours, was because they had to unbolt the Stasis exhaust to install it.

Call Jack Spinella, he'll take care of you. I'm telling you. This guy Jack Spinella is all about customer service. He even called me last night, to see how I like everything.

I'll post some pics of the badges (which I think makes the car look cleaner) later today.

Bitchin!

Do you also have the Stasis springs? I just did the Eibach's and was considering the Stasis sway bar as well. I believe at the moment Stasis is the only aftermarket sway bar available. Can it be purchased as a stand alone item or only part of the Touring package?

Congrats Gangee, how about some seat of the pants specifics on the before and after of the bar?

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2013, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Good morning tridentnyc,

Jack at Stasis said that because I have the Sport Suspension, the springs aren't needed. He said the SS already has springs -- or something like that.

I live in the mountains. Definite difference in the curves. The car just feels tighter. Not stiff tight, **** tight. Before, I'd get some body roll at 75mph + in the curves. Not now. I'm glad I did it. It also feels like there's more performance, when giving the car some juice in the curves.

You can buy anything from Stasis stand alone.

The bar was $500.00. The dealer charged me $480.00 to put it in. Jack at Stasis rated the install at 1 hour. The reason why it took 4 hours, was because they had to unbolt the Stasis exhaust to install it.

Call Jack Spinella, he'll take care of you. I'm telling you. This guy Jack Spinella is all about customer service. He even called me last night, to see how I like everything.

I'll post some pics of the badges (which I think makes the car look cleaner) later today.

Bitchin!
Nice, dude! Thanks for the reply, I look forward to the pics!
Old 05-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 1/2 tank thoughts and pics

Jack at Stasis says it "takes about a tank full of gas for the software to learn". I got about 1/2 tank so far.

What a ride.

The biggest difference I've noticed so far is that the car is just wanting, to go. I always drove in Sport mode in town, and most other times, because the low end has lag. No more. Now, the car feels quicker in Drive mode than it did in Sport mode.

The car jumps off the line now. And it's much smoother. And if you give it the gas at 85, it throws you back. It's incredible, the difference so far.

The sway bar makes the car feel tighter than the day I drove it off the lot (I have 34k now).

My car is bitchin.

Here's a few pics of the badges. Today at ABasin, some kids asked me, "What is that"?. I thought that was cool.

Notes:
I fired up an S7 at the dealer. To me, my car sounds better.

I got 33mph in cruise control on the way back from ABasin today. I even stepped on it a few times. It's a drop in elevation, yes. But I go over Vail pass and it's basically uphill from Dillon to the top of Vail Pass. I thought that was pretty good.

The car feels better than new now.

I got the idea of taking off the Audi badges from my buddy who turned a B5 A4 wagon into an RS4 wagon. You should see his car, it rocks. Anyway, his car doesn't have any badges. I think the car looks cleaner, with non-descript badges.

I dunno, different strokes. But I just don't want to go out and buy my way into something. I like to make something mine. I don't consider my car an A7 now. It's...my car.
Attached Images      

Last edited by Gangee; 05-18-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Jack at Stasis says it "takes about a tank full of gas for the software to learn". I got about 1/2 tank so far.

What a ride.

The biggest difference I've noticed so far is that the car is just wanting, to go. I always drove in Sport mode in town, and most other times, because the low end has lag. No more. Now, the car feels quicker in Drive mode than it did in Sport mode.

The car jumps off the line now. And it's much smoother. And if you give it the gas at 85, it throws you back. It's incredible, the difference so far.

The sway bar makes the car feel tighter than the day I drove it off the lot (I have 34k now).

My car is bitchin.

Here's a few pics of the badges. Today at ABasin, some kids asked me, "What is that"?. I thought that was cool.

Notes:
I fired up an S7 at the dealer. To me, my car sounds better.

I got 33mph in cruise control on the way back from ABasin today. I even stepped on it a few times. It's a drop in elevation, yes. But I go over Vail pass and it's basically uphill from Dillon to the top of Vail Pass. I thought that was pretty good.

The car feels better than new now.

I got the idea of taking off the Audi badges from my buddy who turned a B5 A4 wagon into an RS4 wagon. You should see his car, it rocks. Anyway, his car doesn't have any badges. I think the car looks cleaner, with non-descript badges.

I dunno, different strokes. But I just don't want to go out and buy my way into something. I like to make something mine. I don't consider my car an A7 now. It's...my car.
Gangee,

You and I sir, are on the same schedule it would appear!

I just picked up my Stasis tuned A7 from the dealer today. First thoughts are wow!! Now, I only drove it approximately 25 miles but about 20 of them were highway miles.

My service guy also said to be patient, "it takes a couple of hundred miles for the computer to re-learn your driving habits" and that I'll notice even more power then.

I was driving on the Jersey Turnpike which is notorious for "Johnny Law" so I had to be careful but I punched it a few times and was at 90 mph before I could believe it! The car has seriously more grunt now for sure.

One thing that I hope improves a bit though is the lag from punching it to response, still too much "thinking" going on before it really gets going. Obviously not turbo lag but it does kinda feel like it. To be fair, I asked if the tune would help with that and I was told "not really" from my service guy.

All in all I look forward to more time breaking in the tune and my new Eibach springs.

By the way, my service guy said the only way to get the Stasis sway bar was with the Touring package, that Stasis would NOT sell it as a stand alone item.

Also, how is engine drone in the cabin now compared to the stock exhaust?

Quick Reply: Stasis flash ?