A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Vehicle Location By VIN?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle Location By VIN?

Hey,

Does anyone know if it is possible to search the whereabouts of a particular vehicle by VIN? I feel like I'm starting to get the runaround from my dealership on when I'll be getting my A7.

They say it's being held at the port in Rhode Island due to a scratched wheel and are having issues on when the car will be released. It all sounds a bit fishy to me.

Would love to determine if it is indeed sitting at the port or not.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
Hey,

Does anyone know if it is possible to search the whereabouts of a particular vehicle by VIN? I feel like I'm starting to get the runaround from my dealership on when I'll be getting my A7.

They say it's being held at the port in Rhode Island due to a scratched wheel and are having issues on when the car will be released. It all sounds a bit fishy to me.

Would love to determine if it is indeed sitting at the port or not.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

It's so tough when it's so close. I think our cars were on the same boat, the Camellia Ace. I actually called NORAD today. They are the company that takes the cars from the port. I tried three extensions before I got someone. He told me he's not supposed to, but looked up my car by the VIN. He said its still there but could be released tomorrow. He said they got there on the 28th. They were closed yesterday. He said there were some accessories that needed to be installed (not sure what) and then it will be released. He said they prioritize sold cars. I imagine it arrives atthe dealership the same day it gets on a truck. At least for me, I'm in northern NJ. Good luck!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MikeOC10
It's so tough when it's so close. I think our cars were on the same boat, the Camellia Ace. I actually called NORAD today. They are the company that takes the cars from the port. I tried three extensions before I got someone. He told me he's not supposed to, but looked up my car by the VIN. He said its still there but could be released tomorrow. He said they got there on the 28th. They were closed yesterday. He said there were some accessories that needed to be installed (not sure what) and then it will be released. He said they prioritize sold cars. I imagine it arrives atthe dealership the same day it gets on a truck. At least for me, I'm in northern NJ. Good luck!
Mike,

Do you remember who you spoke to at NORAD and how you got to him? I'm having no luck.

Thanks!

Rob
Old 01-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
Mike,

Do you remember who you spoke to at NORAD and how you got to him? I'm having no luck.

Thanks!

Rob
Rob,

I don't. I think the extensions were 121, 122, 123 and 124. I tried a few before someone picked up. I didn't bother leaving messages.