A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

What tires do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, The Pilot Sport A/S 3 will be out on July 1st. It has some pretty innovative tech behind it and should change the A/S game the same way that the Pilot Super Sport did for UHP Summer's. I am happy to drive the PSS all year round here in TX but for someone wanting an A/S, this should be it.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default No replys with the Dunlop tires

I've been patiently awaiting a reply from someone who might have had the same Dunlop tires installed. None so far.

Does anyone have experience with the Dunlop tires that my A7 arrived with? Any comments/experience with Dunlop tires?

I was expecting a summer sport tire with the 20" package. Prior to the cars arrival, all reviews identified P Zero as stock. This thread also somewhat confirms the common tire is P zero as well.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Luv2Drive
I've been patiently awaiting a reply from someone who might have had the same Dunlop tires installed. None so far.

Does anyone have experience with the Dunlop tires that my A7 arrived with? Any comments/experience with Dunlop tires?

I was expecting a summer sport tire with the 20" package. Prior to the cars arrival, all reviews identified P Zero as stock. This thread also somewhat confirms the common tire is P zero as well.
I got yokohamas with my 20s, my car is 2012. Have no idea about the Dunlop but the yokohamas go really fast and I have heard the same about the Pirellis so I am sure you have a better tire with the Dunlops.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luv2Drive

My S7 came with the Dunlops. I was actually pleased that it came with the Dunlops instead of the Pirellis or Yokos, since I wasn't fond of either of those tire models. However, I (like many on the site) am partial to Michelin Pilot Sports (and now Super Sports). I'm sure that's what I'll purchase when the tread runs out on these.

However, so far the Dunlops have performed well for me. The road noise is minimal, the grip seems fairly strong, and they remind me more of the Michelin PS2s I had on my last car than the Yokos or Pirellis most received with their A7s. I intend to wear them out.

Last edited by gs4rx3; 06-05-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Alright, just picked up my car from Discount Tire. I got four of the Michelin Super Sports and certificates for $1500 out the door. I shopped it and thought that was the best price, plus "I know a guy who knows a guy". Haven't driven them much to give a good opinion on them as of yet, but I can already tell that I like them much better than the OEM Yokos.

I've got a 2012 prestige with 20" sport package. I hadn't realized when I bought the car that this car is the only one that takes a 265/35/20. I'm sure someone will chime in with a vehicle that does. This is just what the guy at Discount told me and because none of the stores in the US had them in stock so he had to order from Michelin.

I'll wash it and put up a pic, still haven't done that yet. The dealer resurfaced my wheels and painted them a gun metal color and they look sick contrasting against the Ibis white and plus the sport package adds that lower stance which really sets it off.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Congrats on the Pilot Super Sport. Best tire on the planet.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the Continental ExtremeContact DWS they were put on by the dealership that certified the car... dont love them... but they are ok...

Last edited by princealyy; 06-05-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Found a chart to confirm. Many thanks!

Everything being said here seems to also be confirmed in this chart I found. Since I didn't have a feel for the Dunlop brand, being ranked #7 above the P Zero #13 ain't bad. The feedback received here and from my own due diligence has been a learning experience.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...ay.jsp?type=MP

When I do change out my tires I will likely chose the Pilot SS unless a better product comes to market.

All of the comments received are greatly appreciated.