A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have a xenon light drop out? Mine did going over a bump last night

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Anybody have a xenon light drop out? Mine did going over a bump last night

I was driving near China town in Chicago last night, hit an expansion joint coming up to a bridge and there was a large thud on the right front (i.e. it hit hard). I noticed something different, my right headlight was out.

Thinking it trashed a bulb or something, I figured I would look at it today, but this morning when I turned my lights on, it went back on, didn't try that last night.

Has anybody had their xenon blow out with a large thump and then you just needed to restart it by turning it on/off? Cheapest xenon bulb I've ever bought.....

BTW, can't wait, just upgraded my winter wheels from the stock 16" with Blizak WS-50's on it to the stock 17" forged polished wheels with brand new Continential touring tires. Last winter I drove on the Blizaks and when it's warm out (say 40F) and you have to drive 400 miles in one day they are just too soft.

Plus we didn't get really any snow in Chicago last year, I'm thinking sales calls are going to be much better in the all season tires. Traction should be just fine with quattro and new tires.

The Pirelli Pzeros DO NOT like the cold weather!!! They get really hard. Should have my new wheels in a week. Will be putting them on right when I get them. Those wheel/tires will look better on my car with the H&R's too. I always wanted to see what my car would look like with stock 17"'s.

Thanks to this list, I bought the wheels and tires from A8Kidd, he replaced his with new ones, and I sold my 16" with Blizaks in an hour ($400 and they are in awesome shape!) to the doctor (can't remember his handle). Going to ship them tomorrow to the Doc if you're reading!

pw