A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Upgrade Module issues...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Upgrade Module issues...

I picked up a Bluetooth Upgrade Module for CPT9000 and have been able to pair my Treo 700P with my 03S8. I have been able to make and receive calls with the cell and the car automatically picked up. However, I am having a few issues with it...

1. Volume is to low, as HenrikDK and GTI2GO have previously reported, and as in their case, the lady that repeats numbers and commands is loud and clear. I'm also getting some static "shushing" sound during calls. Did anyone figure out how to boost the output on the BTU, or find another way to resolve this?
2. I am able to store numbers with tags, but can't make calls with voice commands. Seems like I need to activate the Onstar subscription for that functionality. Is that the case?
3. I've had to re-pair the phone with the BTU several times. Seems as though when I start the car, my Treo appears to have successfully paired, but the car phone doesn't recognize the pairing and when I make a call, I hear nothing from the speakers of the car nor the cell? Re-pairin seems to work, but don't want to have to do that every time I drive.

HenrikDK? GTI2GO? Anyone have success with any of this yet? Thanks in advance.

By the way, I have a Bluetooth kit and Parrot ck-3100 that I purchased from Thorr (Taga8). It worked great in my 2000 A8L (sadly salvaged). If anyone is interested in that let me know.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Bluetooth Upgrade Module issues...

This is an ongoing frustration for me.

1. yes the volume sucks!! I thought about a few thing but have yet to try them, my first idea is to buy motorola phone tools and see if it can be boosted from there. I dont know if it can or MPT can even do it. the other is to find a wire diagram and just use a line driver on the output of the phone only, because as you said Betty is LOUD the phone is just too quiet. I even took it BTU apart and looked for a pot on the board and it isnt there.

2. yes you can store voice tags to the car and dail from there, but they are for the car only and I was only able to store @ 20 of them and it told me it was full. And no I dont have onstar active either. If you store the voice tags to the car you have to push the phone button on the steering wheel, Betty says "ready" and you say "call", she says "name please" , you say "Home", she says "calling" then you here your voice say "home" and it dials. if your phone is paired as hans free you will hear it ringing if it is not paired corretly it will say some BS about onstar or insuffecent units remaining.

3. mine does this sometimes too and it PISSES ME OFF. I dont know it does it til a phone call comes in and I cant hear the person talking and I have to pop the BTU out and wait for my phone to disconnect and the hold the phone like normal. I have also found that pushing the R/T button lets me know ifit conected by either telling me "not ready" or " no numbers in memory".

HOpe this hels, if you have any more questions fire away
Pat
Old 04-08-2007, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Made some progress over the weekend. Steering wheel volume now works but...

I changed the soft code for the Radio from 00265 to 00277 which seemed to make more sense when reading the Bentley. Steering wheel volume now works, but the max volume still isn't loud enough for me. BTW, after this minor success, during one trip this weekend, I lost all function in the steering wheel. Since that trip all functions are back [knocking on wood].

Soft coding for steering wheel is 01015 (I didn't change this)
Soft coding for Telematik is 0003333 (I didn't change this)

Radio has three intermittent fault codes, but don't seem relevant. CD changer, Radio, Phatbox and Nav are working fine.

Telematik has one fault code:
01531 Emergency Battery - Lower Limit Exceeded -- MIL ON

Bentley says either repair open/short circuit or to replace the battery. Also saw in the Bentley that one might need to reset the emergency battery. VAG adaptation to channel 08 set to 00000. It was already set at 0, but I went through with it anyway.

I went through the DTC test for Telematik as well, and didn't gain any additional info. I looked at measuring block 002 for telematik and it said emergency battery was "empty".

I have to take the car in for output flange seal, windshield washer fluid leak, and others, so I'll inquire about replacement of the emergency battery. We'll see?