A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Return Line replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 07:18 PM
SCL
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Return Line replacement?

Hello all
Does anyone know how to replace the fuel return line that connects from the area near the fuel filter to the top of the gas tank? I am in the process of replacing the fuel pump, but when I took the assembly out, I accidentally cracked the end of that hard plastic return line right before it connects to the short rubber hose which connects to the top of the pump assembly. I had to cut the end of it off, and the metal insert along with it. I might be able to fit something to join to the end of this plastic tube, but I'd rather replace the 3 feet of line that leads from the top of the tank to the underneath of the chassis -- and I'd rather not have to remove the fuel tank to do it.

Also -- I find three lines under the chassis -- I know one is the high pressure supply line to the fuel filter, but there are two others. One might go to the evap system and the other is the return line...but I'm not entirely sure.

If anyone has any advice, I could use some help. I think I could probably find a way to snake a new piece of fuel line up there, but I'm concerned about the long term reliability and safety, especially if I cannot see what and where I am running the new line through.