A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Am I the only one who never heard of this remarkable insurance company?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Am I the only one who never heard of this remarkable insurance company?

Yes, it's another insurance post! (It's a gray day in Colorado...)

I was a little startled by State Farm's rates after I buried Esurance in a shallow grave, but I wanted a company with some integrity. Then I saw a magazine ad (I'm a very thorough researcher, eh?) for Amica, with the tag line, "It's not just how you're covered. It's how you're treated."

Then, in the text, "Amica has been ranked highest in customer satisfaction among national auto insurers by J.D. Power for an unprecedented seven years in a row."

"Arrgh, seduced by advertising! But worth a call," I thought. Six minutes later, I had identical coverage for $600 less per year from a company with consistently off-the-chart customer satisfaction ratings.

The kicker? As the call was nearing its end, I had a credit card in my hand. Brenda was starting to say goodbye to me, and I thought, "Hm, she seemed extremely professional up to this point, but she must be new." So I said, "Er, Brenda, don't you want a credit card number or something?"

"No," she said, "your coverage is bound, and we'll bill you in a month or so."

Who ever heard of an insurance company covering you for a month without getting paid first? Not I. They also have the insurance industry's leading customer retention rate, which says a lot.

Just thought I'd hip you guys to those guys in case, like me, you've never heard of them. And no, I don't own stock, or know anyone who does. <ul><li><a href="http://www.amica.com/aboutUs/aboutUs.html">Amica</a></li></ul>
Old 10-08-2006, 03:32 PM

Default Re: OT: Am I the only one who never heard of this remarkable insurance company?

A friend thoroughly researched ins. cos. 10 yrs ago and ended up with Amica. Never heard anything negative.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I've had Amica for 30 years for homeowners and auto. They are the best. Professional

service from all departments, including more than fair claims settlements. I had a car stolen and they paid fair value, plus they added dollars for new tires and a stereo we had just purchased.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: I am the only one.... I just saved 15% on my insurance too!!!

I switched to Amica a year ago. Based on reccomendations from family etc... I saved $400 on home and auto. I live in MA, where auto is regulated by the state which means everyone loses. However, if you think the auto policies are a deal, check out the homeowners as well.

-B
Old 10-10-2006, 08:54 PM

Default Re: OT: Am I the only one who never heard of this remarkable insurance company?

I've had Amica for about four years now. My first car with them was my 2000 BMW M5. They were the only company that offered insurance at a reasonable rate, and I was skeptical because I had never heard of them. I saw the awards though and gave them a try. Nine months later I was in an accident and totaled the car. They made me a nice offer within days, and when I was a little reluctant because there was no way to replace the car for that price, they added another $5k to the offer without any hesitation. I am so happy with them and never want to leave!
Old 10-12-2006, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Did they raise your rates?