Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A8 / S8 > A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

A8 Rear Power Sun Shade Clips Broken

A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010

A8 Rear Power Sun Shade Clips Broken

Old 02-29-2016, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mishar View Post
Sorry guys. I am out of business.
do you still have the cad files? I may be able to make some for members. alternately, I could reverse engineer the the ones you made on the ol girl with your blessing of course....
Old 02-29-2016, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Figured I'd update this thread as well, but will reference my comments/updates here:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-.../#post24776694

*Should* have these done in the next 2-weeks (+ or -) as time permits. I'll update both threads once completed and ready to ship.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MiMitch View Post
do you still have the cad files? I may be able to make some for members. alternately, I could reverse engineer the the ones you made on the ol girl with your blessing of course....
Sorry, no files. I left them with my friend who has CNC machines. I am not sure if clips on "ol girl" are aluminum or original. I don't mind reverse engineering of reverse engineered parts.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Audi Rear Window Sun Shade Clips (aluminum, set of 2)

Ok, the wait is over . Sorry for the delay...one of the "day jobs" is producing CNC parts for older Land Rover Defenders, and once spring hit got crazy busy with attending events, filling orders (as customers have been doing their "spring maintenance"), etc. Anyhow, I didn't want to circle back until things were - literally - 100% ready to ship. And they are!

Just to recap, I got Mishar's blessing to do a batch of these (since he's out busy saving the world as the international man of mystery!). Anyhow, I went heavy and am flush with sets of "Audi Rear Window Sun Shade Clips (aluminum, set of 2)", milled from a solid piece of 6061 aluminum. The "Audi MMI Gear" is next up and should be done in the next few weeks or so (likewise doing this gear out of a single piece of 6061). I've listed the MMI Gear on there for folks that may want to pre-order this unit as well (just be aware that the MMI Gear will ship at a later date if ordered).

I've kept the pricing the same as Mishar's original batch, $60 for a set of 2. As an introductory bonus, I'll be SHIPPING any orders FREE within the United States from NOW->UNTIL 7/31/16 (and will be subsidizing any international shipping and charging just $6 to ship those now through 7/31 as well). All orders will ship via USPS First Class Mail Package with shipping & insurance (tracking # will come to you automatically via email once the package ships).

There are 2 ways to order, either directly from my website:
https://www.seriesdefender.com/audi.html

OR I've also setup a PayPal direct-purchase button as well:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=FYX58T2PK2PEY

If there are ANY questions at all please just let me know (feel free to send me a pm, email me [email protected], or call 202-656-9749).
Attached Thumbnails
Attached Thumbnails A8 Rear Power Sun Shade Clips Broken-img_2233-copy.jpg   A8 Rear Power Sun Shade Clips Broken-img_1032.jpg   A8 Rear Power Sun Shade Clips Broken-img_1034.jpg   A8 Rear Power Sun Shade Clips Broken-img_1031.jpg   A8 Rear Power Sun Shade Clips Broken-img_2235-copy.jpg